Haven’t heard back from Sony, but sources say Shailene Woodley has the offer to play Mary Jane Watson in the Marc Webb-directed The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, and her deal will close soon, we’re told. It is a coup for an actress who just arrived on the motion picture map with Alexander Payne’s The Descendants. (On the TV side, her breakthrough ABC Family series The Secret Life Of The American Teenager will end after this season). In Spider-Man 2, set for a 3D release May 2, 2014, Woodley will play the role originated by Kirsten Dunst as Sony Pictures retraces the ground it covered in Sam Raimi’s trilogy. Emma Stone played the character Gwen in the first film that starred Andrew Garfield as the webslinger.
Web Slinger Eyes Shailene Woodley As Love Interest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings