Haven’t heard back from Sony, but sources say Shailene Woodley has the offer to play Mary Jane Watson in the Marc Webb-directed The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, and her deal will close soon, we’re told. It is a coup for an actress who just arrived on the motion picture map with Alexander Payne’s The Descendants. (On the TV side, her breakthrough ABC Family series The Secret Life Of The American Teenager will end after this season). In Spider-Man 2, set for a 3D release May 2, 2014, Woodley will play the role originated by Kirsten Dunst as Sony Pictures retraces the ground it covered in Sam Raimi’s trilogy. Emma Stone played the character Gwen in the first film that starred Andrew Garfield as the webslinger.
Web Slinger Eyes Shailene Woodley As Love Interest
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Atlanta, Georgia Film Academy To Host Sundance Event For Indie Talent
- Content Media Boards Sundance Doc ‘Cries From Syria’
- ‘La La Land’ & ‘Hidden Figures’ Among Artios Award Winners
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Time Warner?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy