Haven’t heard back from Sony, but sources say Shailene Woodley has the offer to play Mary Jane Watson in the Marc Webb-directed The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, and her deal will close soon, we’re told. It is a coup for an actress who just arrived on the motion picture map with Alexander Payne’s The Descendants. (On the TV side, her breakthrough ABC Family series The Secret Life Of The American Teenager will end after this season). In Spider-Man 2, set for a 3D release May 2, 2014, Woodley will play the role originated by Kirsten Dunst as Sony Pictures retraces the ground it covered in Sam Raimi’s trilogy. Emma Stone played the character Gwen in the first film that starred Andrew Garfield as the webslinger.
Web Slinger Eyes Shailene Woodley As Love Interest
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…