Haven’t heard back from Sony, but sources say Shailene Woodley has the offer to play Mary Jane Watson in the Marc Webb-directed The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, and her deal will close soon, we’re told. It is a coup for an actress who just arrived on the motion picture map with Alexander Payne’s The Descendants. (On the TV side, her breakthrough ABC Family series The Secret Life Of The American Teenager will end after this season). In Spider-Man 2, set for a 3D release May 2, 2014, Woodley will play the role originated by Kirsten Dunst as Sony Pictures retraces the ground it covered in Sam Raimi’s trilogy. Emma Stone played the character Gwen in the first film that starred Andrew Garfield as the webslinger.
Web Slinger Eyes Shailene Woodley As Love Interest
What's Hot on Deadline
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?