EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed a pre-emptive screen rights deal for Cool, Sweet, Hot, Love, a book by Erin McCahan that was just acquired to be published by the Dutton imprint Dial Books in fall 2014. The title is a clever misnomer, and no, Warner Bros hasn’t joined the parade looking for the next Fifty Shades Of Grey in this case. It’s a young-adult novel about a female teenage genius, a lover of linguistics, and the title reflects her desire to see what those words mean to the various groups she comes in contact with, from adults to her peers. The deal was brokered by RWSG’s Liza Wachter, who worked with lit agent Faye Bender. The studio got a peek at the book when it was submitted two weeks ago to publishers, and Warner Bros moved quickly. McCahan wrote I Now Pronounce You Someone Else, and the feeling is the new one will be her breakout book.
Warner Bros Cozies Up To ‘Cool, Sweet, Hot, Love’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney