EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has closed a pre-emptive screen rights deal for Cool, Sweet, Hot, Love, a book by Erin McCahan that was just acquired to be published by the Dutton imprint Dial Books in fall 2014. The title is a clever misnomer, and no, Warner Bros hasn’t joined the parade looking for the next Fifty Shades Of Grey in this case. It’s a young-adult novel about a female teenage genius, a lover of linguistics, and the title reflects her desire to see what those words mean to the various groups she comes in contact with, from adults to her peers. The deal was brokered by RWSG’s Liza Wachter, who worked with lit agent Faye Bender. The studio got a peek at the book when it was submitted two weeks ago to publishers, and Warner Bros moved quickly. McCahan wrote I Now Pronounce You Someone Else, and the feeling is the new one will be her breakout book.
Warner Bros Cozies Up To ‘Cool, Sweet, Hot, Love’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment
- Warner Bros Pre-empts 'Mack Bolan'; Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips Aboard
- Bart & Fleming: On Robin Williams And Empathetic Star Send-Offs
- Q&A: 'The Giver's Lois Lowry And Phillip Noyce On The Give And Take Between Author And Director
- 'Sin City 2′ To Launch With Tarantino 'Hateful Eight' Teaser