EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has picked up the spec script Somacell from first time writer Ashleigh Powell. The Dark Knight/Man Of Steel co-writer David S. Goyer will produce the dystopia thriller. Somacell chronicles a female prison guard in the near future who discovers that the virtual reality process that rehabilitates convicts is not all it promises to be. The deal with the studio was in the mid-six figures, Deadline has learned. Ashleigh Powell is represented by Bob Hohman, Bayard Maybank, Devra Lieb, JR Satery of the Gersh Agency, Daniel Vang and Jake Weiner of Benderspink and attorney Eric Feig.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec Script ‘Somacell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional