EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has picked up the spec script Somacell from first time writer Ashleigh Powell. The Dark Knight/Man Of Steel co-writer David S. Goyer will produce the dystopia thriller. Somacell chronicles a female prison guard in the near future who discovers that the virtual reality process that rehabilitates convicts is not all it promises to be. The deal with the studio was in the mid-six figures, Deadline has learned. Ashleigh Powell is represented by Bob Hohman, Bayard Maybank, Devra Lieb, JR Satery of the Gersh Agency, Daniel Vang and Jake Weiner of Benderspink and attorney Eric Feig.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec Script ‘Somacell’
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’