EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has picked up the spec script Somacell from first time writer Ashleigh Powell. The Dark Knight/Man Of Steel co-writer David S. Goyer will produce the dystopia thriller. Somacell chronicles a female prison guard in the near future who discovers that the virtual reality process that rehabilitates convicts is not all it promises to be. The deal with the studio was in the mid-six figures, Deadline has learned. Ashleigh Powell is represented by Bob Hohman, Bayard Maybank, Devra Lieb, JR Satery of the Gersh Agency, Daniel Vang and Jake Weiner of Benderspink and attorney Eric Feig.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec Script ‘Somacell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line