Universal Cable Productions has hired Kate Schumaecker as VP Development and Current Programming. She will supervise the development of drama and comedy series for the studio that air on USA Network as well as handling current productions — including the long-running series Psych and Fairly Legal. Schumaecker arrives from Teri Hatcher’s ISBE Productions, where she was VP at the ABC Studios-based production company. At UCP she will report to SVP Development and Current Programming Richard Rothstein. Before ISBE she worked at Meryl Poster’s production company Superb Entertainment, which had a first-look deal at NBCUniversal. Schumaecher succeeds Reena Singh, VP, Development & Current, who moved over to sibling betwork USA this past summer.
Kate Schumaecker Joins Universal Cable Productions As VP
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird
- ‘Shut Eye’ Casts Rowena King; Jeremy Bobb In ‘Escape At Dannemora’