Universal Cable Productions has hired Kate Schumaecker as VP Development and Current Programming. She will supervise the development of drama and comedy series for the studio that air on USA Network as well as handling current productions — including the long-running series Psych and Fairly Legal. Schumaecker arrives from Teri Hatcher’s ISBE Productions, where she was VP at the ABC Studios-based production company. At UCP she will report to SVP Development and Current Programming Richard Rothstein. Before ISBE she worked at Meryl Poster’s production company Superb Entertainment, which had a first-look deal at NBCUniversal. Schumaecher succeeds Reena Singh, VP, Development & Current, who moved over to sibling betwork USA this past summer.
Kate Schumaecker Joins Universal Cable Productions As VP
What's Hot on Deadline
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Not Buying What Judith Miller Selling On ‘Real Time’
- ‘Cristela’ Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens ‘Possible Goodbye’ Letter To Fans, Addresses Show’s Potential End…
- ‘The Brink’ Trailer: HBO’s New Geopolitical Comedy
- ESPN Says Verizon FiOS Contracts Don’t Permit Separate Sports Packages – Update
- Michael Roark Joins ‘Finding Carter'; Alexandra Metz To Recur On ‘Chicago Fire’
- Sterling K. Brown To Play Christopher Darden In 'The People V. O.J. Simpson'