Universal Cable Productions has hired Kate Schumaecker as VP Development and Current Programming. She will supervise the development of drama and comedy series for the studio that air on USA Network as well as handling current productions — including the long-running series Psych and Fairly Legal. Schumaecker arrives from Teri Hatcher’s ISBE Productions, where she was VP at the ABC Studios-based production company. At UCP she will report to SVP Development and Current Programming Richard Rothstein. Before ISBE she worked at Meryl Poster’s production company Superb Entertainment, which had a first-look deal at NBCUniversal. Schumaecher succeeds Reena Singh, VP, Development & Current, who moved over to sibling betwork USA this past summer.
Kate Schumaecker Joins Universal Cable Productions As VP
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate