Universal Cable Productions has hired Kate Schumaecker as VP Development and Current Programming. She will supervise the development of drama and comedy series for the studio that air on USA Network as well as handling current productions — including the long-running series Psych and Fairly Legal. Schumaecker arrives from Teri Hatcher’s ISBE Productions, where she was VP at the ABC Studios-based production company. At UCP she will report to SVP Development and Current Programming Richard Rothstein. Before ISBE she worked at Meryl Poster’s production company Superb Entertainment, which had a first-look deal at NBCUniversal. Schumaecher succeeds Reena Singh, VP, Development & Current, who moved over to sibling betwork USA this past summer.
Kate Schumaecker Joins Universal Cable Productions As VP
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series