The Tree Of Life actor will join the Oscar winner in Joe, the Southern drama directed by David Gordon Green. Tye Sheridan will play Gary Jones, the eldest child in a homeless family headed by an alcoholic father. He and an ex-con (Nicolas Cage) become close as they try to find a better life in the hard world of small-town Mississippi. Worldview Entertainment are financing and producing. Gary Hawkins adapted the screenplay from the novel by Larry Brown. Production begins October 31 in Austin. Sheridan played Brad Pitt’s youngest son in Terrence Malick’s Tree Of Life and stars in the Jeff Nichols-directed Mud, starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. Sheridan is repped by WME and Mosiac.
Tye Sheridan Joins Nic Cage In ‘Joe’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ In Profit; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises – Box Office Update
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings