The Tree Of Life actor will join the Oscar winner in Joe, the Southern drama directed by David Gordon Green. Tye Sheridan will play Gary Jones, the eldest child in a homeless family headed by an alcoholic father. He and an ex-con (Nicolas Cage) become close as they try to find a better life in the hard world of small-town Mississippi. Worldview Entertainment are financing and producing. Gary Hawkins adapted the screenplay from the novel by Larry Brown. Production begins October 31 in Austin. Sheridan played Brad Pitt’s youngest son in Terrence Malick’s Tree Of Life and stars in the Jeff Nichols-directed Mud, starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. Sheridan is repped by WME and Mosiac.
Tye Sheridan Joins Nic Cage In ‘Joe’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle