The Tree Of Life actor will join the Oscar winner in Joe, the Southern drama directed by David Gordon Green. Tye Sheridan will play Gary Jones, the eldest child in a homeless family headed by an alcoholic father. He and an ex-con (Nicolas Cage) become close as they try to find a better life in the hard world of small-town Mississippi. Worldview Entertainment are financing and producing. Gary Hawkins adapted the screenplay from the novel by Larry Brown. Production begins October 31 in Austin. Sheridan played Brad Pitt’s youngest son in Terrence Malick’s Tree Of Life and stars in the Jeff Nichols-directed Mud, starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. Sheridan is repped by WME and Mosiac.
Tye Sheridan Joins Nic Cage In ‘Joe’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney