The Tree Of Life actor will join the Oscar winner in Joe, the Southern drama directed by David Gordon Green. Tye Sheridan will play Gary Jones, the eldest child in a homeless family headed by an alcoholic father. He and an ex-con (Nicolas Cage) become close as they try to find a better life in the hard world of small-town Mississippi. Worldview Entertainment are financing and producing. Gary Hawkins adapted the screenplay from the novel by Larry Brown. Production begins October 31 in Austin. Sheridan played Brad Pitt’s youngest son in Terrence Malick’s Tree Of Life and stars in the Jeff Nichols-directed Mud, starring Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. Sheridan is repped by WME and Mosiac.
Tye Sheridan Joins Nic Cage In ‘Joe’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ Game Trailer Looks Like A Live-Action Movie
- Doctor Doom Revealed As Fox Unleashes New ‘Fantastic Four’ Trailer After Leak
- ‘Star Wars: Rogue One’ Spinoff A Prequel, With Teaser Trailer Shown
- Bart & Fleming: Josh Gad Musical Shows Studio Hunger For Pic Packages; Will Hollywood Libs Stump For Hillary Clinton?
- ‘Ex Machina’ Again Leads Specialty Box Office As ‘Félix And Meira’ Opens Solidly
- ‘Furious 7′ Adds $167.9M; Tallies $250M+ In China, $1.15B Global – Intl B.O. Update