EXCLUSIVE: Rutina Wesley is in negotiations to star in the coming-home drama Last Weekend alongside Patricia Clarkson as well as in the thriller Angry Little Gods, which Daniel Stamm (The Last Exorcism) is directing. Wesley would make the movies during her break from filming HBO’s True Blood, on which she plays a newbie vampire. Last Weekend is being directed by Tom Dolby and Tom Williams and revolves around the lives that continue to change in the last weekend at a family home. Mark Johnson (Breaking Bad) is producing. In Angry Little Gods, Wesley would play the fiancee to Mark Webber, who unbeknownst to her is playing a twisted game — a make-or-break competition that could make him his fortune or cost him his life. Kiki Miyake and Brian Kavanaugh Jones are producing; Jason Blum and ICM Global’s Stuart Ford are executive producers. Rutina is represented by Inspire Entertainment and SMGSB.
‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley Eyes Pair Of Indies
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies