EXCLUSIVE: Rutina Wesley is in negotiations to star in the coming-home drama Last Weekend alongside Patricia Clarkson as well as in the thriller Angry Little Gods, which Daniel Stamm (The Last Exorcism) is directing. Wesley would make the movies during her break from filming HBO’s True Blood, on which she plays a newbie vampire. Last Weekend is being directed by Tom Dolby and Tom Williams and revolves around the lives that continue to change in the last weekend at a family home. Mark Johnson (Breaking Bad) is producing. In Angry Little Gods, Wesley would play the fiancee to Mark Webber, who unbeknownst to her is playing a twisted game — a make-or-break competition that could make him his fortune or cost him his life. Kiki Miyake and Brian Kavanaugh Jones are producing; Jason Blum and ICM Global’s Stuart Ford are executive producers. Rutina is represented by Inspire Entertainment and SMGSB.
‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley Eyes Pair Of Indies
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- Guns On The Playbill? Every Major Studio Has Them This Season
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or