EXCLUSIVE: Rutina Wesley is in negotiations to star in the coming-home drama Last Weekend alongside Patricia Clarkson as well as in the thriller Angry Little Gods, which Daniel Stamm (The Last Exorcism) is directing. Wesley would make the movies during her break from filming HBO’s True Blood, on which she plays a newbie vampire. Last Weekend is being directed by Tom Dolby and Tom Williams and revolves around the lives that continue to change in the last weekend at a family home. Mark Johnson (Breaking Bad) is producing. In Angry Little Gods, Wesley would play the fiancee to Mark Webber, who unbeknownst to her is playing a twisted game — a make-or-break competition that could make him his fortune or cost him his life. Kiki Miyake and Brian Kavanaugh Jones are producing; Jason Blum and ICM Global’s Stuart Ford are executive producers. Rutina is represented by Inspire Entertainment and SMGSB.
‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley Eyes Pair Of Indies
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience
- National CineMedia Promotes Lawrence Snapp To Chief Digital Officer
- ‘Agents Of SHIELD’s Chloe Bennet, Logan Paul & More Join MGM’s ‘Valley Girl’ Remake
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Filmmaker Ted Melfi Lines Up Strong Ensemble Cast For ‘El Camino Christmas…
- Adam Sandler & Chris Rock Team For Robert Smigel-Helmed ‘The Week Of’ At Netflix