Nicholas Apps, previously the chief fundraiser for New York’s Museum of Modern Art and before that at Metropolitan Museum of Art, will lead individual giving and corporate sponsorship initiatives, as well as marketing and communications efforts, for the nonprofit Tribeca Film Institute. He will report to Tribeca Executive Director Beth Janson. At MOMA, Apps was Associate Deputy Director of External Affairs, helping direct fundraising programs to support the museum’s mission and program. “I have always had a tremendous passion for film and for storytelling in all its forms,” he said. “I look forward to joining the growing team at TFI to support filmmakers and multidisciplinary artists, educate students in our community, and contribute to the diversity of our cultural landscape in New York City.” The institute also recently named Ronald O. Perelman, Jared Cohen and Raphael De Niro to its Board of Directors.
Tribeca Film Institute Names New Deputy Exec Director
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions