Nicholas Apps, previously the chief fundraiser for New York’s Museum of Modern Art and before that at Metropolitan Museum of Art, will lead individual giving and corporate sponsorship initiatives, as well as marketing and communications efforts, for the nonprofit Tribeca Film Institute. He will report to Tribeca Executive Director Beth Janson. At MOMA, Apps was Associate Deputy Director of External Affairs, helping direct fundraising programs to support the museum’s mission and program. “I have always had a tremendous passion for film and for storytelling in all its forms,” he said. “I look forward to joining the growing team at TFI to support filmmakers and multidisciplinary artists, educate students in our community, and contribute to the diversity of our cultural landscape in New York City.” The institute also recently named Ronald O. Perelman, Jared Cohen and Raphael De Niro to its Board of Directors.
Tribeca Film Institute Names New Deputy Exec Director
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'