The long-rumored abbreviated fourth season of HBO’s New Orleans drama Treme is a reality. “Strike up the band. Production on the 5-episode final season of Treme begins November 5th,” the show announced on its Facebook page this afternoon. HBO confirmed the order, which will end the series’ run. Treme co-creator David Simon told a New Orleans crowd last month that “we are going to be back for a season 3.5. HBO, upon viewing the 10 (episodes from Season 3) that we gave them and what we’ve done, they want to see the end of the story. They fought very hard to give us half a loaf. We’re going to take it and run.”
‘Treme’s Five-Episode Final Season A Go
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup