The long-rumored abbreviated fourth season of HBO’s New Orleans drama Treme is a reality. “Strike up the band. Production on the 5-episode final season of Treme begins November 5th,” the show announced on its Facebook page this afternoon. HBO confirmed the order, which will end the series’ run. Treme co-creator David Simon told a New Orleans crowd last month that “we are going to be back for a season 3.5. HBO, upon viewing the 10 (episodes from Season 3) that we gave them and what we’ve done, they want to see the end of the story. They fought very hard to give us half a loaf. We’re going to take it and run.”
‘Treme’s Five-Episode Final Season A Go
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'