EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox and New Regency are moving the Shawn Levy-directed comedy The Internship up three weeks to a June 7, 2013 berth. Summer 2013 is going to be brutal, and the studio saw a sliver of daylight to come out as the first original comedy of the summer, two weeks after The Hangover Part III. The film, which reteams the stars of Wedding Crashers, is now out of the way of the Channing Tatum/Jamie Foxx action drama White House Down, as well as Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall, the Brad Pitt-starrer World War Z, The Lone Ranger, and it moves ahead of End Of The World and Man Of Steel. At the same time, the film opens right after most college students are out of school, and is up against the Will Smith/Jaden Smith film After Earth by director M. Night Shyamalan, which will likely have a different audience. As for historical precedent, the comedies The Hangover, You Don’t Mess With The Zohan and Knocked Up each came out the first week of June, scored big opening weekends en route to sizeable grosses. So unless someone else moves to that weekend, it seems like sound strategy from Fox and Regency.
Fox Moves Up ‘The Internship’ To June 7, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Latest Film News
- NBCU Intl Acquires ‘The Outpost’ For Syfy; IQiyi Advancing On IPO – Global Briefs
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- Arnold Schwarzenegger “Shocked” About Eliza Dushku’s ‘True Lies’ Allegations, Calls Her “So Courageous”…
- Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams “Reprehensible Smokescreen” – Update
- ‘The Trade’: Exclusive Look At Showtime’s Opioid Epidemic Docuseries Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl