The Closer co-star Jon Tenney is back at TNT as the male lead of the network’s pilot King And Maxwell. The project, from CBS TV Studios and NCIS honcho Shane Brennan, is adapted from characters created by bestselling author David Baldacci. In the vein of Moonlighting, it follows Sean King (Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell, who aren’t the typical pair of private investigators. Both are former secret service agents, and their unique skill set (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) often gives them a leg up on suspects and conventional law enforcement. Brennan wrote the script and executive produces, with Karen Spiegel and Grant Anderson producing and Baldacci serving as a consultant. Tenney, repped by UTA and KLWGN, played Agent Fritz Howard on The Closer for the flagship drama’s seven-season run and has reprised his role in guest appearances on The Closer spinoff Major Crimes. He also recently did an arc on HBO’s Newsroom.
‘The Closer’s Jon Tenney To Star In Shane Brennan’s TNT Pilot ‘King And Maxwell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Latest TV News
- No News Blackout on Total Eclipse Coverage By TV, Online Outlets
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year