The Closer co-star Jon Tenney is back at TNT as the male lead of the network’s pilot King And Maxwell. The project, from CBS TV Studios and NCIS honcho Shane Brennan, is adapted from characters created by bestselling author David Baldacci. In the vein of Moonlighting, it follows Sean King (Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell, who aren’t the typical pair of private investigators. Both are former secret service agents, and their unique skill set (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) often gives them a leg up on suspects and conventional law enforcement. Brennan wrote the script and executive produces, with Karen Spiegel and Grant Anderson producing and Baldacci serving as a consultant. Tenney, repped by UTA and KLWGN, played Agent Fritz Howard on The Closer for the flagship drama’s seven-season run and has reprised his role in guest appearances on The Closer spinoff Major Crimes. He also recently did an arc on HBO’s Newsroom.
‘The Closer’s Jon Tenney To Star In Shane Brennan’s TNT Pilot ‘King And Maxwell’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'