The Closer co-star Jon Tenney is back at TNT as the male lead of the network’s pilot King And Maxwell. The project, from CBS TV Studios and NCIS honcho Shane Brennan, is adapted from characters created by bestselling author David Baldacci. In the vein of Moonlighting, it follows Sean King (Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell, who aren’t the typical pair of private investigators. Both are former secret service agents, and their unique skill set (not to mention their razor-sharp chemistry) often gives them a leg up on suspects and conventional law enforcement. Brennan wrote the script and executive produces, with Karen Spiegel and Grant Anderson producing and Baldacci serving as a consultant. Tenney, repped by UTA and KLWGN, played Agent Fritz Howard on The Closer for the flagship drama’s seven-season run and has reprised his role in guest appearances on The Closer spinoff Major Crimes. He also recently did an arc on HBO’s Newsroom.
‘The Closer’s Jon Tenney To Star In Shane Brennan’s TNT Pilot ‘King And Maxwell’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Says Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo