The founder of Turner Broadcasting — and, arguably, the cable programming industry — tells Charlie Rose today on CBS This Morning that he wishes CNN had “a little less fluff.” But he lost control of the news channel when Time Warner merged with AOL, his biggest regret as a businessman. As for politics, Ted Turner says President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney are “both smart and attractive and either one would do a pretty decent job.” But he sides with Obama because he’s “better on the environment and really and truly wants to end the wars.” Here’s a clip:
Ted Turner: Being “Maneuvered” Away From CNN Was His Biggest Regret In Biz
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Does Alibaba Plan To Take Control Of Lionsgate?
- FCC Postpones Auction Of Broadcast TV Spectrum To 2016
- When Will Big Hollywood Studios Aggressively Produce Original Shows For Digital TV?
- AMC Networks And BBC Chiefs On The Future Of BBC America
- AMC Networks Pays $200M For 49.9% Of BBC America
- Amazon Shares Fall After Q3 Losses Exceed Expectations