Ted‘s worldwide gross reached an estimated $469 million today. That puts the Universal/Media Rights Capital comedy ahead of the previous recordholder, Warner Bros’ The Hangover and its $467.5M. So that makes Ted now the #1 highest grossing R-rated original comedy of all time around the globe. Ted went over the top by opening #1 or #2 this weekend in France, Belgium and Switzerland. The Seth MacFarlane pic starring Mark Wahlberg is now open in 44 international territories. and its international total is now $250.5M (after adding $13.9M at 2,900 dates this weekend). Pic still has 4 territories yet to open – including Malaysia on October 18th, India on October 26th, Venezuela on December 21th, and Japan in January. Domestically, the film is now in Week 16 with a cume at the end of this weekend estimated to be $218.5M.
‘Ted’ #1 Biggest R-Rated Original Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat
- Terry Zwigoff Signs With ICM Partners
- Shaun Grant To Adapt ‘Penguin Bloom’; Naomi Watts To Star
- Saban Films Ups Execs Jonathan Saba & Ness Saban
- Focus Buys Political Drama Pitch From ‘Novitiate’ Helmer Maggie Betts
- Bart & Fleming: As Daniel Day-Lewis Exits, Who Wears Greatest Living Actor Crown?