Ted‘s worldwide gross reached an estimated $469 million today. That puts the Universal/Media Rights Capital comedy ahead of the previous recordholder, Warner Bros’ The Hangover and its $467.5M. So that makes Ted now the #1 highest grossing R-rated original comedy of all time around the globe. Ted went over the top by opening #1 or #2 this weekend in France, Belgium and Switzerland. The Seth MacFarlane pic starring Mark Wahlberg is now open in 44 international territories. and its international total is now $250.5M (after adding $13.9M at 2,900 dates this weekend). Pic still has 4 territories yet to open – including Malaysia on October 18th, India on October 26th, Venezuela on December 21th, and Japan in January. Domestically, the film is now in Week 16 with a cume at the end of this weekend estimated to be $218.5M.
‘Ted’ #1 Biggest R-Rated Original Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Steven Soderberg's ‘Unsane’ Added to Berlin Film Festival Competition
- SPWA Lands Inventive Thriller ‘Search’ In $5 Million World Rights Deal: Sundance
- Wanda Chief Predicts Comeback In 2018 After 10.8% Revenue Drop In 2017
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- Andrea Riseborough And ‘Nancy’ Director Christina Choe On Finding Truth In Fiction – Sundance Studio
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…