EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired U.S. rights to the Aussie action documentary Storm Surfers 3D, which had its premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The pic follows longtime pros Tom Carroll and Ross Clarke-Jones as they track big storms around the world, risk crazy conditions and face near-death experiences looking for the ultimate wave. The plan is to release the Toni Collette-narrated pic next summer. Marcus Gillezeau and Ellenor Cox produced and Alaric McAusland, Anthos Simon and Philipp Manderla executive produced. Screen Australia, Screen NSW, Deluxe, Red Bull Media House and Fulcrum Media financed the pic out of Australia for production companies 6ixty Foot Films and Firelight. XLrator Media CEO Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Media Acquires Docu ‘Storm Surfers 3D’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- ‘20th Century Women’ Trailer: Annette Bening’s Bohemian Maternal Facets
- ‘Fences’ Teaser Trailer: Denzel Washington & Viola Davis Enter Oscar Race
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers