EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired U.S. rights to the Aussie action documentary Storm Surfers 3D, which had its premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The pic follows longtime pros Tom Carroll and Ross Clarke-Jones as they track big storms around the world, risk crazy conditions and face near-death experiences looking for the ultimate wave. The plan is to release the Toni Collette-narrated pic next summer. Marcus Gillezeau and Ellenor Cox produced and Alaric McAusland, Anthos Simon and Philipp Manderla executive produced. Screen Australia, Screen NSW, Deluxe, Red Bull Media House and Fulcrum Media financed the pic out of Australia for production companies 6ixty Foot Films and Firelight. XLrator Media CEO Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Media Acquires Docu ‘Storm Surfers 3D’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest Film News
- George Lopez To Star In ‘Aloha Santa’; Hope Davis Joins ‘Claire’
- ‘Triple 9’ Redband Trailer: Cops, Robbers, Bloodshed, Nudity
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Fonda, Blanchett, Lionel Richie & Oscars For Sale To The Highest Bidder
- Feds Officially Probing Hollywood’s Lack Of Female Directors
- Cannes Hits ‘Son Of Saul’, ‘Ingrid Bergman In Her Own Words’ Score In Gotham: New York Film Festival
- Larry Brezner Dies: Longtime Manager And Producer Was 73