EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired U.S. rights to the Aussie action documentary Storm Surfers 3D, which had its premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The pic follows longtime pros Tom Carroll and Ross Clarke-Jones as they track big storms around the world, risk crazy conditions and face near-death experiences looking for the ultimate wave. The plan is to release the Toni Collette-narrated pic next summer. Marcus Gillezeau and Ellenor Cox produced and Alaric McAusland, Anthos Simon and Philipp Manderla executive produced. Screen Australia, Screen NSW, Deluxe, Red Bull Media House and Fulcrum Media financed the pic out of Australia for production companies 6ixty Foot Films and Firelight. XLrator Media CEO Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Media Acquires Docu ‘Storm Surfers 3D’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- Netflix, Matt Reeves To Win Auction For Matthew Baker Futuristic Short Story ‘Life Sentence’
- Notes On The Season: Russian & Syrian Politics Invade The Oscars, But Will It Affect The Vote?; Pasek And Paul Put On A Show
- Octavia Spencer, Isabela Moner, Tig Notaro Cast In Paramount’s ‘Instant Family’ Comedy
- Three Questions: A Conversation With This Year’s Best Foreign Language Film Nominees
- Ed Sheeran Teases His Next Movie – Berlin