EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired U.S. rights to the Aussie action documentary Storm Surfers 3D, which had its premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The pic follows longtime pros Tom Carroll and Ross Clarke-Jones as they track big storms around the world, risk crazy conditions and face near-death experiences looking for the ultimate wave. The plan is to release the Toni Collette-narrated pic next summer. Marcus Gillezeau and Ellenor Cox produced and Alaric McAusland, Anthos Simon and Philipp Manderla executive produced. Screen Australia, Screen NSW, Deluxe, Red Bull Media House and Fulcrum Media financed the pic out of Australia for production companies 6ixty Foot Films and Firelight. XLrator Media CEO Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Media Acquires Docu ‘Storm Surfers 3D’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Team
- Meryl Streep To Narrate African Women’s Health Docu; Three Join Indie ‘February'; Ryan Newman In ‘Sharknado 3…
- ‘Daredevil’ Key Art Revealed: Charlie Cox As Netflix’s Superhero
- Kate Shaw Joins ABC News Covering Supreme Court, Legal Issues On Hill
- ‘CSI’ Goes Worldwide For Shot At The Guinness Book Of Records
- Jane Turton Upped To CEO At All3Media
- Stone Village Is Ringmaster Of ‘Circus Mirandus’ Rights