EXCLUSIVE: XLrator Media has acquired U.S. rights to the Aussie action documentary Storm Surfers 3D, which had its premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The pic follows longtime pros Tom Carroll and Ross Clarke-Jones as they track big storms around the world, risk crazy conditions and face near-death experiences looking for the ultimate wave. The plan is to release the Toni Collette-narrated pic next summer. Marcus Gillezeau and Ellenor Cox produced and Alaric McAusland, Anthos Simon and Philipp Manderla executive produced. Screen Australia, Screen NSW, Deluxe, Red Bull Media House and Fulcrum Media financed the pic out of Australia for production companies 6ixty Foot Films and Firelight. XLrator Media CEO Barry Gordon negotiated the deal with Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films on behalf of the filmmakers.
XLrator Media Acquires Docu ‘Storm Surfers 3D’ For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Magnolia Acquires Greg Kinnear-Starring ‘Little Men’
- ‘Whiskey Tango Foxtrot’ Trailer: Tina Fey Reporting From Afghanistan
- Paramount Brings Vin Diesel And ‘xXx: The Return Of Xander Cage’ Franchise Into Fold
- China’s Bliss Media Acquires Stake In Insiders
- ‘A Quiet Passion’ Clip: Emily Dickinson Makes A Friend In Terence Davies’ Bio – Berlin
- First Look: ‘Catfight’ Gets Bloody As Sandra Oh And Anne Heche Take Off The Gloves – Berlin