Sprint Nextel is negotiating to gain control of Clearwire via agreements with its wireless broadband partner’s other investors, the Wall Street Journal reports. The talks would allow Sprint to gain control of Clearwire’s board without acquiring it. Gaining control of Clearwire is seen as crucial to Softbank’s planned $20 billion acquisition of Sprint. Clearwire investors include Craig McCaw’s Eagle River Holdings and Comcast Corp. Sprint owns 48% of Clearwire but doesn’t control the board. Sprint needs access to Clearwire’s significant spectrum rights, and Softbank lenders want assurance that Sprint will be able to control Clearwire.
Sprint Moves To Gain Control of Clearwire: WSJ
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest Film News
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend – Sunday AM Update
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance During Kathryn Bigelow's VR Tribeca Panel
- Alejandro González Iñárritu: Music Is "Highest Expression" – Tribeca
- ‘Gilbert’ Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: “This Could Be What Hell Is”…
- ‘Hounds Of Love’ Stars On A “Bloody Hard” Shoot And Horrifying “Theater Of The Mind” — Tribeca…