In the words of Homer Simpson, “We are looking for a brilliant, original way to get my butt on a davenport.” Now The Simpsons fans can contribute their own ideas for the iconic “couch gag” that appears during the opening credits. The winner will have his or her submission aired during the season finale in May. Producers will choose up to three submissions to be announced in January, with an illustration of each to be posted to thesimpsons.com/couchgag. Fans will then have the opportunity to vote for their favorite, with the winning idea animated by Film Roman. Deadline for submission is November 15. Send ideas here.
‘Simpson’ Fans Invited To Weigh In: Create A “Couch Gag”
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow