In the words of Homer Simpson, “We are looking for a brilliant, original way to get my butt on a davenport.” Now The Simpsons fans can contribute their own ideas for the iconic “couch gag” that appears during the opening credits. The winner will have his or her submission aired during the season finale in May. Producers will choose up to three submissions to be announced in January, with an illustration of each to be posted to thesimpsons.com/couchgag. Fans will then have the opportunity to vote for their favorite, with the winning idea animated by Film Roman. Deadline for submission is November 15. Send ideas here.
‘Simpson’ Fans Invited To Weigh In: Create A “Couch Gag”
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016