In the words of Homer Simpson, “We are looking for a brilliant, original way to get my butt on a davenport.” Now The Simpsons fans can contribute their own ideas for the iconic “couch gag” that appears during the opening credits. The winner will have his or her submission aired during the season finale in May. Producers will choose up to three submissions to be announced in January, with an illustration of each to be posted to thesimpsons.com/couchgag. Fans will then have the opportunity to vote for their favorite, with the winning idea animated by Film Roman. Deadline for submission is November 15. Send ideas here.
‘Simpson’ Fans Invited To Weigh In: Create A “Couch Gag”
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix