In the words of Homer Simpson, “We are looking for a brilliant, original way to get my butt on a davenport.” Now The Simpsons fans can contribute their own ideas for the iconic “couch gag” that appears during the opening credits. The winner will have his or her submission aired during the season finale in May. Producers will choose up to three submissions to be announced in January, with an illustration of each to be posted to thesimpsons.com/couchgag. Fans will then have the opportunity to vote for their favorite, with the winning idea animated by Film Roman. Deadline for submission is November 15. Send ideas here.
‘Simpson’ Fans Invited To Weigh In: Create A “Couch Gag”
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better