EXCLUSIVE: First it was Utah and now The Daily Show correspondent is taking his Race, Religion & Sex show to Florida. Showtime has picked up a Larry Wilmore special from the Sunshine swing state to air November 3, the last weekend before the presidential election. Wilmore’s Race, Religion & Sex In Utah aired on the pay cable network August 25. The new special will be shot in Jacksonville, Fla, on October 24. Just like the first one, the Jay Karas-directed program will feature a mixture of interviews, expert panels, guest stars and an interactive element for the live audience. Wilmore is repped by UTA.
Showtime Orders Second Election-Themed Special From Larry Wilmore
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS