EXCLUSIVE: First it was Utah and now The Daily Show correspondent is taking his Race, Religion & Sex show to Florida. Showtime has picked up a Larry Wilmore special from the Sunshine swing state to air November 3, the last weekend before the presidential election. Wilmore’s Race, Religion & Sex In Utah aired on the pay cable network August 25. The new special will be shot in Jacksonville, Fla, on October 24. Just like the first one, the Jay Karas-directed program will feature a mixture of interviews, expert panels, guest stars and an interactive element for the live audience. Wilmore is repped by UTA.
Showtime Orders Second Election-Themed Special From Larry Wilmore
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit