EXCLUSIVE: First it was Utah and now The Daily Show correspondent is taking his Race, Religion & Sex show to Florida. Showtime has picked up a Larry Wilmore special from the Sunshine swing state to air November 3, the last weekend before the presidential election. Wilmore’s Race, Religion & Sex In Utah aired on the pay cable network August 25. The new special will be shot in Jacksonville, Fla, on October 24. Just like the first one, the Jay Karas-directed program will feature a mixture of interviews, expert panels, guest stars and an interactive element for the live audience. Wilmore is repped by UTA.
Showtime Orders Second Election-Themed Special From Larry Wilmore
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Moana' Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; 'Manchester' & 'Jackie' Bask In Awards Season Rays
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015
- Kellyanne Conway Tells ‘Meet The Press’ She’s Gracious, Humble & Not A Sore Winner
- ‘SNL’ Hunts For Elusive Hillary, Host Emma Stone Finds True Christmas Savior
- Donald Trump Still Hates Alec Baldwin’s ‘SNL’ Impression, Tweets It “Can’t Get Any Worse”