EXCLUSIVE: Suddenly, The Descendants breakout Shailene Woodley has become the hot young actress in town. She’s in talks to play the Mary Jane role in The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, and now I hear she is negotiating to play the female lead in Divergent, the Veronica Roth novel that will be directed by Neil Burger for Summit Entertainment. Produced by Red Wagon partners Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher and adapted by Snow White And The Huntsman‘s Evan Daugherty, the book is compared to The Hunger Games because of the age of the characters and the violence that takes place in a futuristic setting. This tale takes place in a futuristic dystopia where society is divided into factions based on human traits. A 16-year-old leaves her faction to join a rival one, but during the violent initiation she falls in love with a young man and they try to find their place in this rough world. Paradigm reps Woodley.
Shailene Woodley Near ‘Divergent’ Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race
- Josh Hartnett & Margarita Levieva To Star In Crime Thriller ‘Inherit The Viper’
- Costume Designer-Turned-Helmer Courtney Hoffman To Direct Feature From Her ‘The Good Time Girls’ Short
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- Mahershala Ali To Star In Anonymous Content’s A.J. Wolfe Crime Tale ‘Burn’