EXCLUSIVE: Suddenly, The Descendants breakout Shailene Woodley has become the hot young actress in town. She’s in talks to play the Mary Jane role in The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, and now I hear she is negotiating to play the female lead in Divergent, the Veronica Roth novel that will be directed by Neil Burger for Summit Entertainment. Produced by Red Wagon partners Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher and adapted by Snow White And The Huntsman‘s Evan Daugherty, the book is compared to The Hunger Games because of the age of the characters and the violence that takes place in a futuristic setting. This tale takes place in a futuristic dystopia where society is divided into factions based on human traits. A 16-year-old leaves her faction to join a rival one, but during the violent initiation she falls in love with a young man and they try to find their place in this rough world. Paradigm reps Woodley.
Shailene Woodley Near ‘Divergent’ Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- ‘Superfly’ Helmer Director X On Making An Action Film That Is “An Escape With Melanin”…
- Sam Rockwell Joins Scarlett Johansson In ‘Jojo Rabbit’
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It