The director of the upcoming National Geographic TV movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden is criticizing the New York Times for suggesting in a story that his Seal Team Six risks causing additional backlash in the Muslim world against President Obama and the U.S. John Stockwell told Politico the NYT‘s suggestion that the movie “contains scenes that might be incendiary to the Muslim world, because of the ‘jeopardy to Muslim children during the assault on Osama bin Laden’s compound’ is “nonsensical.” “We went to great lengths to highlight the care and the control that the SEALs showed during the chaos of the raid — not to harm any women and children”, Stockwell told Politico. (The director even provided clips from the movie to illustrate his his point; see them below.) The NYT piece focused mainly on editing that gave Obama more prominence and deleted a scene in which GOP Presidential nominee Mitt Romney appeared to oppose the raid. Nat Geo is airing the movie November 4, two days before the election.
‘Seal Team Six’ Director Rips NYT Story Suggesting Muslim Backlash
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- Million Dollar Screenplay Competition For College Students Launching In March
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release