The director of the upcoming National Geographic TV movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden is criticizing the New York Times for suggesting in a story that his Seal Team Six risks causing additional backlash in the Muslim world against President Obama and the U.S. John Stockwell told Politico the NYT‘s suggestion that the movie “contains scenes that might be incendiary to the Muslim world, because of the ‘jeopardy to Muslim children during the assault on Osama bin Laden’s compound’ is “nonsensical.” “We went to great lengths to highlight the care and the control that the SEALs showed during the chaos of the raid — not to harm any women and children”, Stockwell told Politico. (The director even provided clips from the movie to illustrate his his point; see them below.) The NYT piece focused mainly on editing that gave Obama more prominence and deleted a scene in which GOP Presidential nominee Mitt Romney appeared to oppose the raid. Nat Geo is airing the movie November 4, two days before the election.
‘Seal Team Six’ Director Rips NYT Story Suggesting Muslim Backlash
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Obama Can't Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
Latest Film News
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Producer & Author After Seeing Full Tape: Dog Was Not In Danger
- Common Joins Sundance Pic ‘Burning Sands’ As EP, Will Contribute Original Song
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…
- He’s Back! James Cameron To Godfather ‘Terminator’ With ‘Deadpool’ Helmer Tim Miller
- Ted Sarandos On Netflix In The Age Of Donald Trump & What’s Next – Sundance Studio
- ‘Band Aid’ Sundance Clip: Zoe Lister-Jones & Adam Pally Turn A Couple’s Grief Into Song