Active with U.S. and European majors and independents, RSM Tenon has recently advised on films that include Skyfall, War Horse, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Captain America and The King’s Speech. The company has also played a part in the development of the UK film tax credit and a new push to create tax relief for high-end British TV productions. Rival UK accounting firm Saffery Champness, which has largely been involved in theater and music, will now expand its footprint in sports and entertainment with the acquisition of RSM Tenon’s film and TV unit. The firm’s 17-person team, led by John Graydon and Nigel Burke, is joining Saffery partner Julian Hedley, who heads up the Sports and Entertainment Group out of London. Financials of the deal were not disclosed.
RSM Tenon’s Film & TV Team Acquired By Rival UK Accountants Saffery Champness
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2