The European Team’s dramatic victory yesterday wasn’t the only big win at the Ryder Cup. NBC’s coverage of the bi-annual golf tournament delivered the event’s best ratings since 1999, up 71% compared with 2010 and 21% over 2008. The noon-6:30 PM broadcast from Illinois drew a 4.1/9 in overnight ratings for Sunday’s final round, which saw the Euro squad come back from a 10-6 deficit to beat the U.S. 14½-13½. The 2010 Ryder Cup from Newport, Wales, — also won by Europe — drew a 2.4/7 in overnight ratings. The 2008 Ryder Cup from Louisville, won by the U.S., drew a 3.4/7. The 1999 broadcast, which showed the U.S. win in Brookline, Mass., got a 6.3/15. On Saturday, NBC’s coverage was up 52% from 2010 and 14% from 2008. The next Ryder Cup is scheduled for September 2014 in Gleneagles, Scotland.
NBC Scores Best Ryder Cup Ratings Since 1999 With Dramatic Euro Team Win
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit