The European Team’s dramatic victory yesterday wasn’t the only big win at the Ryder Cup. NBC’s coverage of the bi-annual golf tournament delivered the event’s best ratings since 1999, up 71% compared with 2010 and 21% over 2008. The noon-6:30 PM broadcast from Illinois drew a 4.1/9 in overnight ratings for Sunday’s final round, which saw the Euro squad come back from a 10-6 deficit to beat the U.S. 14½-13½. The 2010 Ryder Cup from Newport, Wales, — also won by Europe — drew a 2.4/7 in overnight ratings. The 2008 Ryder Cup from Louisville, won by the U.S., drew a 3.4/7. The 1999 broadcast, which showed the U.S. win in Brookline, Mass., got a 6.3/15. On Saturday, NBC’s coverage was up 52% from 2010 and 14% from 2008. The next Ryder Cup is scheduled for September 2014 in Gleneagles, Scotland.
NBC Scores Best Ryder Cup Ratings Since 1999 With Dramatic Euro Team Win
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series