The European Team’s dramatic victory yesterday wasn’t the only big win at the Ryder Cup. NBC’s coverage of the bi-annual golf tournament delivered the event’s best ratings since 1999, up 71% compared with 2010 and 21% over 2008. The noon-6:30 PM broadcast from Illinois drew a 4.1/9 in overnight ratings for Sunday’s final round, which saw the Euro squad come back from a 10-6 deficit to beat the U.S. 14½-13½. The 2010 Ryder Cup from Newport, Wales, — also won by Europe — drew a 2.4/7 in overnight ratings. The 2008 Ryder Cup from Louisville, won by the U.S., drew a 3.4/7. The 1999 broadcast, which showed the U.S. win in Brookline, Mass., got a 6.3/15. On Saturday, NBC’s coverage was up 52% from 2010 and 14% from 2008. The next Ryder Cup is scheduled for September 2014 in Gleneagles, Scotland.
NBC Scores Best Ryder Cup Ratings Since 1999 With Dramatic Euro Team Win
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices