The European Team’s dramatic victory yesterday wasn’t the only big win at the Ryder Cup. NBC’s coverage of the bi-annual golf tournament delivered the event’s best ratings since 1999, up 71% compared with 2010 and 21% over 2008. The noon-6:30 PM broadcast from Illinois drew a 4.1/9 in overnight ratings for Sunday’s final round, which saw the Euro squad come back from a 10-6 deficit to beat the U.S. 14½-13½. The 2010 Ryder Cup from Newport, Wales, — also won by Europe — drew a 2.4/7 in overnight ratings. The 2008 Ryder Cup from Louisville, won by the U.S., drew a 3.4/7. The 1999 broadcast, which showed the U.S. win in Brookline, Mass., got a 6.3/15. On Saturday, NBC’s coverage was up 52% from 2010 and 14% from 2008. The next Ryder Cup is scheduled for September 2014 in Gleneagles, Scotland.
NBC Scores Best Ryder Cup Ratings Since 1999 With Dramatic Euro Team Win
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January