At least that’s what TiVo says today based on second-by-second viewership data it compiles from its DVR users. GOP candidate Mitt Romney’s jab at Big Bird — which took place at 9:27:44 PM ET — had the biggest audience across all platforms. (PBS Paula Kerger defended the network this morning.) But networks had different high points. For example, Fox News had a big moment at 9:38:22 when Romney, discussing the Obama Administration’s energy investment initiatives, said: “I have a friend who says that you don’t just pick the winners and losers, you pick the losers.” The network’s evening news audience has an unusually large number of Republican households, TiVo says. Yet NBC, which attracts more Democrats to its evening newscast, spiked at 9:18:44 PM ET when President Obama said that “For 18 months leading up to the election [Romney’s] been running on this tax plan, and now, five weeks before the election, he’s saying that his big bold idea is ‘Never Mind…'” And MSNBC, whose audience is even more heavily weighted toward Democrats, had a top moment at 9:41:16 when the president mentioned his grandmother in a defense of Medicare and Social Security.
Romney Attack On PBS Was The “Most-Watched” Moment Of Last Night’s Debate
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Business News
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- South Korean Prosecutors Seek Arrest Warrant For Samsung Heir
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- Dick Gautier Dies; Broadway’s Conrad Birdie, ‘Get Smart’s Hymie The Robot Was 85
- Jennifer Holliday Cancels Inaugural Concert Performance, Apologizes To LGBT Fans For “Lapse Of Judgement
- Johnny Depp Sues Business Managers For $25M Over Fraud