At least that’s what TiVo says today based on second-by-second viewership data it compiles from its DVR users. GOP candidate Mitt Romney’s jab at Big Bird — which took place at 9:27:44 PM ET — had the biggest audience across all platforms. (PBS Paula Kerger defended the network this morning.) But networks had different high points. For example, Fox News had a big moment at 9:38:22 when Romney, discussing the Obama Administration’s energy investment initiatives, said: “I have a friend who says that you don’t just pick the winners and losers, you pick the losers.” The network’s evening news audience has an unusually large number of Republican households, TiVo says. Yet NBC, which attracts more Democrats to its evening newscast, spiked at 9:18:44 PM ET when President Obama said that “For 18 months leading up to the election [Romney’s] been running on this tax plan, and now, five weeks before the election, he’s saying that his big bold idea is ‘Never Mind…'” And MSNBC, whose audience is even more heavily weighted toward Democrats, had a top moment at 9:41:16 when the president mentioned his grandmother in a defense of Medicare and Social Security.
Romney Attack On PBS Was The “Most-Watched” Moment Of Last Night’s Debate
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Business News
- Hollywood Guild Leaders Address Their Roles In Ending Sexual Harassment And Abuse
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Names Amy Gruberg SVP Of Media Partnerships
- Review: Lerner & Loewe’s Golden ‘Brigadoon’ With Kelli O’Hara and Aasif Mandvi
- White House Celebrates Donald Trump For Not Acknowledging Sexual Assault Claims