At least that’s what TiVo says today based on second-by-second viewership data it compiles from its DVR users. GOP candidate Mitt Romney’s jab at Big Bird — which took place at 9:27:44 PM ET — had the biggest audience across all platforms. (PBS Paula Kerger defended the network this morning.) But networks had different high points. For example, Fox News had a big moment at 9:38:22 when Romney, discussing the Obama Administration’s energy investment initiatives, said: “I have a friend who says that you don’t just pick the winners and losers, you pick the losers.” The network’s evening news audience has an unusually large number of Republican households, TiVo says. Yet NBC, which attracts more Democrats to its evening newscast, spiked at 9:18:44 PM ET when President Obama said that “For 18 months leading up to the election [Romney’s] been running on this tax plan, and now, five weeks before the election, he’s saying that his big bold idea is ‘Never Mind…'” And MSNBC, whose audience is even more heavily weighted toward Democrats, had a top moment at 9:41:16 when the president mentioned his grandmother in a defense of Medicare and Social Security.
Romney Attack On PBS Was The “Most-Watched” Moment Of Last Night’s Debate
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Motion Pictures Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge,' 'Westworld' Among Winners - Full List
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Business News
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- John Dean: Trump’s “Enemy Of The People” Tweet Echoes Nixon's Hatred of the Free Press
- As Rumors Swirl, Is Brad Grey Long For Paramount?
- Jonni Hartman Rogers Dies: PR Vet & TV Producer Was Mother Of Actress Lisa Hartman Black
- T-Mobile & Sprint Shares Spike As Merger Prospects Brighten
- Review: Matthew Broderick Heads Killer Cast In Wallace Shawn’s ‘Evening At The Talk House’