Rollin’ Thunder is a comedy about a bowling champ-turned-ex-con who sees in a city-wide bowling tournament the chance to get back in the game, prove his innocence to the tycoon who owns Atlanta’s biggest bowling alley, and mend bridges with his estranged teenaged daughter. Kenny Smith Jr, who writes and directs BET’s series The Game, is penning the screenplay, and the film will have a major musical element as its set in hip-hop hub Atlanta. Federal Films’ David Schulhof and Monte Lipman are also producing — Lipman is head of Universal Republic Records, which will handle the soundtrack like it did for The Hunger Games. Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray’s Maven just came off selling its latest pic Imogene to Lionsgate and Roadside at the Toronto Film Festival. Smith is repped by Gersh, NWE and attorney Rick Genow.
Maven Pictures Frames Bowling Pic ‘Rollin’ Thunder’ From ‘Game’s Kenny Smith Jr
Trending Now on Deadline
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List