A scene in an upcoming TV movie that depicted Mitt Romney appearing to oppose the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden was cut from the film, according to a report in the New York Times. “We wouldn’t air this if it were propaganda,” said National Geographic Channel President Howard T. Owens who said he had insisted upon removal of the scene from Seal Team Six: The Raid On Osama Bin Laden. It’s scheduled to air November 4, two days before the election. Cutting the Romney scene wasn’t the only change. The Times said the movie has been edited to highlight President Obama’s role. Director John Stockwell said Obama was always in the movie but his screen time had shrunk. Longtime Obama supporter Harvey Weinstein bought rights to the movie earlier this year at Cannes. Weinstein, Stockwell and others told the Times that changes were not politically motivated but were intended to make it more realistic. The additional Obama footage came from material collected by Meghan O’Hara, a producer who worked with Michael Moore on Fahrenheit 9/11 and Sicko.
‘Raid On Osama Bin Laden’ TV Movie Cut Romney Scene, Bolstered Obama: NYT
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $371M WW Weekend – International Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete Winners…