Mimi Steinbauer’s Radiant Films International is handling worldwide rights, excluding North America, to the Sam Kadi-produced drama, 3K Pictures announced today. The film tells the story of an Arab immigrant named Ibrahim who wins the American green card lottery, arriving in New York City on September 10, 2001. Khaled Nabawy (Fair Game) plays Ibrahim. The cast also includes Agnes Bruckner (Blood And Chocolate, The Woods), William Atherton (Ghostbusters, The Last Samurai) and Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, New Year’s Eve). Chris Wyatt and Alan Noel Vega with Ameer Kabour are executive producing. The film is scheduled to screen at the upcoming American Film Market in Santa Monica following its international premiere at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival on October 14.
Radiant Films Handling International Rights For ‘The Citizen’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'