Mimi Steinbauer’s Radiant Films International is handling worldwide rights, excluding North America, to the Sam Kadi-produced drama, 3K Pictures announced today. The film tells the story of an Arab immigrant named Ibrahim who wins the American green card lottery, arriving in New York City on September 10, 2001. Khaled Nabawy (Fair Game) plays Ibrahim. The cast also includes Agnes Bruckner (Blood And Chocolate, The Woods), William Atherton (Ghostbusters, The Last Samurai) and Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, New Year’s Eve). Chris Wyatt and Alan Noel Vega with Ameer Kabour are executive producing. The film is scheduled to screen at the upcoming American Film Market in Santa Monica following its international premiere at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival on October 14.
Radiant Films Handling International Rights For ‘The Citizen’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years