Mimi Steinbauer’s Radiant Films International is handling worldwide rights, excluding North America, to the Sam Kadi-produced drama, 3K Pictures announced today. The film tells the story of an Arab immigrant named Ibrahim who wins the American green card lottery, arriving in New York City on September 10, 2001. Khaled Nabawy (Fair Game) plays Ibrahim. The cast also includes Agnes Bruckner (Blood And Chocolate, The Woods), William Atherton (Ghostbusters, The Last Samurai) and Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, New Year’s Eve). Chris Wyatt and Alan Noel Vega with Ameer Kabour are executive producing. The film is scheduled to screen at the upcoming American Film Market in Santa Monica following its international premiere at the Abu Dhabi Film Festival on October 14.
Radiant Films Handling International Rights For ‘The Citizen’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Judd Apatow On 'The Interview' Being Pulled: “Disgraceful”
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'
- Channing Tatum, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Launch 'Team Oscar'
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Indicted For Fraud
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'