Jonathan Mostow is set to direct the pilot written by Without A Trace creator Hank Steinberg and Steven Kane. Based on the popular novel by William Brinkley, The Last Ship centers on the crew of a naval destroyer who, after a global catastrophe decimates the earth’s population, are forced to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors. McManus will play Lt. Jackie Makena, a crew member who runs the Combat Information Center and is in charge of missile deployment. Parnell will play Hugh Jeter, Command Master Chief aboard the USS Nathan James. Van Winkle will play Danny Green, the leader of a small crew of SEALS aboard the Nathan James. Elmore will play Lt. Alisha Granderson who co-steers the ship. Spruell will play Quincy, a paleomicrobiologist. McManus, repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment, most recently starred on NBC’s Awake. Parnell, repped by Greene & Associates, will next be seen in JJ Abrams’ Star Trek sequel.
Quintet Cast In Michael Bay’s TNT Pilot ‘The Last Ship’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'CSI' Order Trimmed: Is This The End?
- Kelly McCreary Upped To Regular On 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Kyle Killen Inks First-Look Deal With Paramount TV
- Netflix Series From 'Damages' Creators Unveils Title, First Teaser: Video
- Colin Callender's Playground Names Louise Pedersen UK Managing Director
- 'Frankenstein' Drama From Rand Ravich & Howard Gordon Set At Fox As Put Pilot