Jonathan Mostow is set to direct the pilot written by Without A Trace creator Hank Steinberg and Steven Kane. Based on the popular novel by William Brinkley, The Last Ship centers on the crew of a naval destroyer who, after a global catastrophe decimates the earth’s population, are forced to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors. McManus will play Lt. Jackie Makena, a crew member who runs the Combat Information Center and is in charge of missile deployment. Parnell will play Hugh Jeter, Command Master Chief aboard the USS Nathan James. Van Winkle will play Danny Green, the leader of a small crew of SEALS aboard the Nathan James. Elmore will play Lt. Alisha Granderson who co-steers the ship. Spruell will play Quincy, a paleomicrobiologist. McManus, repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment, most recently starred on NBC’s Awake. Parnell, repped by Greene & Associates, will next be seen in JJ Abrams’ Star Trek sequel.
Quintet Cast In Michael Bay’s TNT Pilot ‘The Last Ship’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- Archery Pictures Rolls with Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77