New York-based reality producer Leftfield Pictures is opening an LA office and has hired former Pilgrim Studios executive Rob Hill to spearhead the company’s expansion here. Leftfield, behind founder and executive producer Brent Montgomery, launched Pawn Stars on History channel in 2009. It is History’s No. 1 series ever has spawned three spinoffs, including the recently announced Pawn Stars UK. Among its new series in the works is Celebrity Yard Sale starring Lance Bass for Lifetime. “While we may be best known for shows in the ‘hidden treasures’ genre we helped elevate with Pawn Stars, Leftfield has also been expanding into other areas of programming”, Montgomery said in announcing the new office. “We felt the time was right to establish a permanent presence in Los Angeles, allowing access to new and different types of talent on both sides of the camera.” Before Pilgrim, Hill, who will become VP Development, was at UK-based production company Optomen and Renegade Pictures.
‘Pawn Stars’ Producer Opens LA Outpost
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE