New York-based reality producer Leftfield Pictures is opening an LA office and has hired former Pilgrim Studios executive Rob Hill to spearhead the company’s expansion here. Leftfield, behind founder and executive producer Brent Montgomery, launched Pawn Stars on History channel in 2009. It is History’s No. 1 series ever has spawned three spinoffs, including the recently announced Pawn Stars UK. Among its new series in the works is Celebrity Yard Sale starring Lance Bass for Lifetime. “While we may be best known for shows in the ‘hidden treasures’ genre we helped elevate with Pawn Stars, Leftfield has also been expanding into other areas of programming”, Montgomery said in announcing the new office. “We felt the time was right to establish a permanent presence in Los Angeles, allowing access to new and different types of talent on both sides of the camera.” Before Pilgrim, Hill, who will become VP Development, was at UK-based production company Optomen and Renegade Pictures.
‘Pawn Stars’ Producer Opens LA Outpost
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘Strange Angel’ Trailer: Rocket Science Meets The Occult In New CBS All Access Drama
- Make Up Artists & Hair Styling Guild Sets 2019 Awards Date & Timeline
- ‘The Alienist’ Cinematographer P.J. Dillon Captures The Elegance & The Seedy Underbelly Of Gilded Age…
- ‘Barry’ And ‘Gotham’ Baddie Anthony Carrigan Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Counterpart’: James Cromwell Set To Recur In Season 2 Of Starz Series
- Christina Hendricks Eyes Directing Move After Success Of Edgy Crime Drama ‘Good Girls’