New York-based reality producer Leftfield Pictures is opening an LA office and has hired former Pilgrim Studios executive Rob Hill to spearhead the company’s expansion here. Leftfield, behind founder and executive producer Brent Montgomery, launched Pawn Stars on History channel in 2009. It is History’s No. 1 series ever has spawned three spinoffs, including the recently announced Pawn Stars UK. Among its new series in the works is Celebrity Yard Sale starring Lance Bass for Lifetime. “While we may be best known for shows in the ‘hidden treasures’ genre we helped elevate with Pawn Stars, Leftfield has also been expanding into other areas of programming”, Montgomery said in announcing the new office. “We felt the time was right to establish a permanent presence in Los Angeles, allowing access to new and different types of talent on both sides of the camera.” Before Pilgrim, Hill, who will become VP Development, was at UK-based production company Optomen and Renegade Pictures.
‘Pawn Stars’ Producer Opens LA Outpost
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer