New York-based reality producer Leftfield Pictures is opening an LA office and has hired former Pilgrim Studios executive Rob Hill to spearhead the company’s expansion here. Leftfield, behind founder and executive producer Brent Montgomery, launched Pawn Stars on History channel in 2009. It is History’s No. 1 series ever has spawned three spinoffs, including the recently announced Pawn Stars UK. Among its new series in the works is Celebrity Yard Sale starring Lance Bass for Lifetime. “While we may be best known for shows in the ‘hidden treasures’ genre we helped elevate with Pawn Stars, Leftfield has also been expanding into other areas of programming”, Montgomery said in announcing the new office. “We felt the time was right to establish a permanent presence in Los Angeles, allowing access to new and different types of talent on both sides of the camera.” Before Pilgrim, Hill, who will become VP Development, was at UK-based production company Optomen and Renegade Pictures.
‘Pawn Stars’ Producer Opens LA Outpost
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Turn Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM