After finding ratings success by bringing back the newsmaking celebrity interviews that were bread and butter for her syndicated show, Oprah Winfrey is now bringing another popular feature from The Oprah Winfrey Show, Oprah’s Favorite Things, to OWN. The cable network today announced that it will do an Oprah’s Favorite Things two-hour special in on Nov. 18, followed by the premiere of the new docu-series Married to the Army: Alaska. Oprah’s Favorite Things ran as a segment on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2002 to 2010, with a one-year hiatus in 2009. It involves the audience getting free stuff from the things on the list. This time, that will be an “unsuspecting group of deserving military spouses,” according to the network. Among the celebrity interviews that posted big ratings for OWN and helped the network’s current ratings rebound, were Winfrey’s sit-downs with Whitney Houston’s daughter and singer Rihanna.
Oprah Revives ‘Favorite Things’ On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos