After finding ratings success by bringing back the newsmaking celebrity interviews that were bread and butter for her syndicated show, Oprah Winfrey is now bringing another popular feature from The Oprah Winfrey Show, Oprah’s Favorite Things, to OWN. The cable network today announced that it will do an Oprah’s Favorite Things two-hour special in on Nov. 18, followed by the premiere of the new docu-series Married to the Army: Alaska. Oprah’s Favorite Things ran as a segment on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2002 to 2010, with a one-year hiatus in 2009. It involves the audience getting free stuff from the things on the list. This time, that will be an “unsuspecting group of deserving military spouses,” according to the network. Among the celebrity interviews that posted big ratings for OWN and helped the network’s current ratings rebound, were Winfrey’s sit-downs with Whitney Houston’s daughter and singer Rihanna.
Oprah Revives ‘Favorite Things’ On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings and Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury