After finding ratings success by bringing back the newsmaking celebrity interviews that were bread and butter for her syndicated show, Oprah Winfrey is now bringing another popular feature from The Oprah Winfrey Show, Oprah’s Favorite Things, to OWN. The cable network today announced that it will do an Oprah’s Favorite Things two-hour special in on Nov. 18, followed by the premiere of the new docu-series Married to the Army: Alaska. Oprah’s Favorite Things ran as a segment on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2002 to 2010, with a one-year hiatus in 2009. It involves the audience getting free stuff from the things on the list. This time, that will be an “unsuspecting group of deserving military spouses,” according to the network. Among the celebrity interviews that posted big ratings for OWN and helped the network’s current ratings rebound, were Winfrey’s sit-downs with Whitney Houston’s daughter and singer Rihanna.
Oprah Revives ‘Favorite Things’ On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest TV News
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd
- How Barbra Streisand Avoided #MeToo Moments In Her Career: ‘I Worked With Great Men’ – PaleyFest
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe