After finding ratings success by bringing back the newsmaking celebrity interviews that were bread and butter for her syndicated show, Oprah Winfrey is now bringing another popular feature from The Oprah Winfrey Show, Oprah’s Favorite Things, to OWN. The cable network today announced that it will do an Oprah’s Favorite Things two-hour special in on Nov. 18, followed by the premiere of the new docu-series Married to the Army: Alaska. Oprah’s Favorite Things ran as a segment on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2002 to 2010, with a one-year hiatus in 2009. It involves the audience getting free stuff from the things on the list. This time, that will be an “unsuspecting group of deserving military spouses,” according to the network. Among the celebrity interviews that posted big ratings for OWN and helped the network’s current ratings rebound, were Winfrey’s sit-downs with Whitney Houston’s daughter and singer Rihanna.
Oprah Revives ‘Favorite Things’ On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…