After finding ratings success by bringing back the newsmaking celebrity interviews that were bread and butter for her syndicated show, Oprah Winfrey is now bringing another popular feature from The Oprah Winfrey Show, Oprah’s Favorite Things, to OWN. The cable network today announced that it will do an Oprah’s Favorite Things two-hour special in on Nov. 18, followed by the premiere of the new docu-series Married to the Army: Alaska. Oprah’s Favorite Things ran as a segment on The Oprah Winfrey Show from 2002 to 2010, with a one-year hiatus in 2009. It involves the audience getting free stuff from the things on the list. This time, that will be an “unsuspecting group of deserving military spouses,” according to the network. Among the celebrity interviews that posted big ratings for OWN and helped the network’s current ratings rebound, were Winfrey’s sit-downs with Whitney Houston’s daughter and singer Rihanna.
Oprah Revives ‘Favorite Things’ On OWN
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years