The ratings company made this eagerly awaited announcement as ad executives converge on New York for Advertising Week, a dizzying collection of meetings and seminars for the industry. Nielsen’s new service is sure to create some buzz. Many TV programmers have been reluctant to put their shows online because they couldn’t demonstrate to advertisers how many people were viewing on mobile devices including tablets and smartphones. The ratings company says it now can offer that information through its new Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings, available beginning today. Tests from March through August — with companies including ESPN, Facebook, GroupM, Hulu and Unilever — showed that Nielsen could offer “comparable metrics across TV and digital, measuring unique audience on each, along with overlapping audience and total combined unique audience,” the company says. Nielsen figures that more than half of Americans watch video online. In a separate report out today, Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism says that 12% of tablet owners watch videos daily, and 38% watch at least once a week.
Nielsen Unveils Ratings Service That Includes Web Video Views
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest Business News
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- Broadway B.O.: Sara Bareilles & Jason Mraz Serve Sky High Pie With ‘Waitress’
- Walmart Sets Three Women As Directors Of Ads Airing During Oscar Broadcast
- ‘Monster’ Director Anthony Mandler Reteams With Bron For ‘Man Of Cloth’ – Sundance