NBCUniversal‘s NBC Sports Group has acquired exclusive U.S. media rights to English Premier League soccer matches through a multiyear agreement that begins with the 2013-14 season. NBCUniversal becomes the exclusive English- and Spanish-language media rights holder to all 380 Premier League games across all platforms and devices in the United States. NBC was believed to have bid $83 million for the rights, more than three times the amount previous rights-holder Fox Soccer had paid. Each of the 20 Premier League teams plays 38 matches over a 41-week period from August to May. NBC, NBC Sports Network and NBCSports.com will all be utilized to present live Premier League coverage, as well as Telemundo and mun2 for Spanish-language coverage. NBC Sports Live Extra will provide live streaming across web, tablet and mobile devices. Specific coverage plans will be announced later.
NBCU Wins Premiere League Rights
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast