NBCUniversal‘s NBC Sports Group has acquired exclusive U.S. media rights to English Premier League soccer matches through a multiyear agreement that begins with the 2013-14 season. NBCUniversal becomes the exclusive English- and Spanish-language media rights holder to all 380 Premier League games across all platforms and devices in the United States. NBC was believed to have bid $83 million for the rights, more than three times the amount previous rights-holder Fox Soccer had paid. Each of the 20 Premier League teams plays 38 matches over a 41-week period from August to May. NBC, NBC Sports Network and NBCSports.com will all be utilized to present live Premier League coverage, as well as Telemundo and mun2 for Spanish-language coverage. NBC Sports Live Extra will provide live streaming across web, tablet and mobile devices. Specific coverage plans will be announced later.
NBCU Wins Premiere League Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- ‘Still the King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Canceled By CMT After 2 Seasons
- Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special Set For New Year’s Eve
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- ‘Nashville’ To End: Season 6 On CMT Will Be Country Drama Series’ Last
- ‘The Gifted’: Skyler Samuels Set To Recur In Fox’s Marvel Drama Series