NBCUniversal‘s NBC Sports Group has acquired exclusive U.S. media rights to English Premier League soccer matches through a multiyear agreement that begins with the 2013-14 season. NBCUniversal becomes the exclusive English- and Spanish-language media rights holder to all 380 Premier League games across all platforms and devices in the United States. NBC was believed to have bid $83 million for the rights, more than three times the amount previous rights-holder Fox Soccer had paid. Each of the 20 Premier League teams plays 38 matches over a 41-week period from August to May. NBC, NBC Sports Network and NBCSports.com will all be utilized to present live Premier League coverage, as well as Telemundo and mun2 for Spanish-language coverage. NBC Sports Live Extra will provide live streaming across web, tablet and mobile devices. Specific coverage plans will be announced later.
NBCU Wins Premiere League Rights
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- ‘Animal Kingdom’: ‘Suicide Squad’s Alex Meraz Set To Recur In Season 2
- Samantha Bee Anticipates Donald Trump’s Thank-You Tour Stop In North Carolina With Look At Governor Race
- Van Jones To Trevor Noah On Donald Trump Presidency: “Welcome To Hell”
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Peter Vaughan Dies At The Age Of 93
- Jimmy Kimmel On Oscar Hosting: Taiwan President Called To Offer Congratulations
- Margaret Whitton Dies: ‘Major League’ Actress & Producer-Director Was 67