The erstwhile Man Vs. Wild host will headline and co-produce extreme adventure competition series Get Out Alive with Electus via his Bear Grylls Ventures. NBC has ordered eight episodes for the primetime series that will debut next summer. Details are scant about the show except that it intends to set teams of two to be tested “beyond their most extreme imaginations in the wild.” Grylls added, “The goal is to empower people with the ultimate in both survival and teamwork, and that brings incredible reward… but first there must be some pain.” Grylls and Man Vs. Wild network Discovery parted ways earlier this year over a contract dispute.
Mipcom: NBC Orders Bear Grylls Adventure Competition Reality Series For Summer 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest International News
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’
- Peter Jackson To Direct First World War Feature Documentary
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International…
- NFL Playoffs Will Air On Armed Forces Net Despite Government Shutdown
- Marc Munden To Helm ‘The Secret Garden’ For David Heyman & Studiocanal
- Donald Trump Mansplains Women’s March, Takes Credit For “Milestones”