There will be five hours of The Voice during the week of the Presidential elections. NBC just announced that it will air live two-hour editions Monday, November 5 and Wednesday, November 7 (8-10 PM) as well as an hourlong one on Thursday, November 8 (8-9 PM). The Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays but will be pre-empted November 6 for Election Night coverage. Keeping with the elections theme, during that week The Voice viewers will vote for the first time this season on which artists get into the Top 12. During that week, The Voice will go head-to-head with Fox’s The X Factor on Wednesday and Thursday and will also face TV’s biggest scripted series, Modern Family, on Wednesday and The Big Bang Theory on Thursday. The extra Voice on Wednesday and Thursday is bound to give a shot in the arm to flailing new drama Chicago Fire on Wednesday and the final season of The Office on Thursday.
NBC Expands ‘The Voice’ To Three Nights During Election Week
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'