There will be five hours of The Voice during the week of the Presidential elections. NBC just announced that it will air live two-hour editions Monday, November 5 and Wednesday, November 7 (8-10 PM) as well as an hourlong one on Thursday, November 8 (8-9 PM). The Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays but will be pre-empted November 6 for Election Night coverage. Keeping with the elections theme, during that week The Voice viewers will vote for the first time this season on which artists get into the Top 12. During that week, The Voice will go head-to-head with Fox’s The X Factor on Wednesday and Thursday and will also face TV’s biggest scripted series, Modern Family, on Wednesday and The Big Bang Theory on Thursday. The extra Voice on Wednesday and Thursday is bound to give a shot in the arm to flailing new drama Chicago Fire on Wednesday and the final season of The Office on Thursday.
NBC Expands ‘The Voice’ To Three Nights During Election Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89
- DJ Nash Sells 2 Projects With Kapital Entertainment: Dramedy To ABC As Put Pilot, Comedy To CBS
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London
- Complex Networks And Fuse Media Agree To Share Content For Linear TV & Digital
- ‘Conan’ Reveals Trump-Obama Tapes: “Any Other Juicy Mandela Quotes You Could Throw My Way”?