There will be five hours of The Voice during the week of the Presidential elections. NBC just announced that it will air live two-hour editions Monday, November 5 and Wednesday, November 7 (8-10 PM) as well as an hourlong one on Thursday, November 8 (8-9 PM). The Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays but will be pre-empted November 6 for Election Night coverage. Keeping with the elections theme, during that week The Voice viewers will vote for the first time this season on which artists get into the Top 12. During that week, The Voice will go head-to-head with Fox’s The X Factor on Wednesday and Thursday and will also face TV’s biggest scripted series, Modern Family, on Wednesday and The Big Bang Theory on Thursday. The extra Voice on Wednesday and Thursday is bound to give a shot in the arm to flailing new drama Chicago Fire on Wednesday and the final season of The Office on Thursday.
NBC Expands ‘The Voice’ To Three Nights During Election Week
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016