There will be five hours of The Voice during the week of the Presidential elections. NBC just announced that it will air live two-hour editions Monday, November 5 and Wednesday, November 7 (8-10 PM) as well as an hourlong one on Thursday, November 8 (8-9 PM). The Voice airs Mondays and Tuesdays but will be pre-empted November 6 for Election Night coverage. Keeping with the elections theme, during that week The Voice viewers will vote for the first time this season on which artists get into the Top 12. During that week, The Voice will go head-to-head with Fox’s The X Factor on Wednesday and Thursday and will also face TV’s biggest scripted series, Modern Family, on Wednesday and The Big Bang Theory on Thursday. The extra Voice on Wednesday and Thursday is bound to give a shot in the arm to flailing new drama Chicago Fire on Wednesday and the final season of The Office on Thursday.
NBC Expands ‘The Voice’ To Three Nights During Election Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”