MTV is shifting the Movie Awards telecast to April. The cable network just announced that the 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be broadcast live on Sunday, April 14, 2013. Since its launch in 1992, the MTV Movie Awards has aired at the beginning of June. Historically, the broadcast has been used by movie studios to tout their big summer tentpoles to younger audiences. The award show’s previous airdate coincided with the traditional kickoff of the summer movie season, Memorial Day. But as the start of summer blockbusters season has gradually shifted to April, so are now the MTV Movie Awards.
MTV Movie Awards To Move To April
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel