MTV is shifting the Movie Awards telecast to April. The cable network just announced that the 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be broadcast live on Sunday, April 14, 2013. Since its launch in 1992, the MTV Movie Awards has aired at the beginning of June. Historically, the broadcast has been used by movie studios to tout their big summer tentpoles to younger audiences. The award show’s previous airdate coincided with the traditional kickoff of the summer movie season, Memorial Day. But as the start of summer blockbusters season has gradually shifted to April, so are now the MTV Movie Awards.
MTV Movie Awards To Move To April
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Opens First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers