MTV is shifting the Movie Awards telecast to April. The cable network just announced that the 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be broadcast live on Sunday, April 14, 2013. Since its launch in 1992, the MTV Movie Awards has aired at the beginning of June. Historically, the broadcast has been used by movie studios to tout their big summer tentpoles to younger audiences. The award show’s previous airdate coincided with the traditional kickoff of the summer movie season, Memorial Day. But as the start of summer blockbusters season has gradually shifted to April, so are now the MTV Movie Awards.
MTV Movie Awards To Move To April
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better