MTV is shifting the Movie Awards telecast to April. The cable network just announced that the 2013 MTV Movie Awards will be broadcast live on Sunday, April 14, 2013. Since its launch in 1992, the MTV Movie Awards has aired at the beginning of June. Historically, the broadcast has been used by movie studios to tout their big summer tentpoles to younger audiences. The award show’s previous airdate coincided with the traditional kickoff of the summer movie season, Memorial Day. But as the start of summer blockbusters season has gradually shifted to April, so are now the MTV Movie Awards.
MTV Movie Awards To Move To April
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Buying Season 2014 Goes In Reverse: Comedies Wrapping, Dramas Far From Done
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To OK Start – RATINGS RAT RACE
- John Krasinski Sells 2 Comedies To NBC
- '11/22/63′ Drama From J.J. Abrams Based On Stephen King's Novel Gets Hulu Series Order
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'