Mira Sorvino is set to star in TNT‘s drama pilot Trooper, which Jason Ensler has come on board to direct. This is Sorvino’s second turn in the role, which she first played when the project was a pilot at CBS last season. The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Trooper centers on a recently divorced female state trooper (Sorvino) who is as unconventional at work as she is at home raising her three kids. Her partner on the job is a widowed father who has a much more by-the-book approach to policing. The news of Sorvino’s (re-)casting was first reported by TVLine. Aron Eli Coleite (Heroes) wrote Trooper and executive produces with Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ensler for Warner Horizon. KristieAnne Reed co-executive produces. CAA-repped Ensler is on a streak, with the last three pilots directed by him all going to series: Cult and Hart Of Dixie at the CW and Franklin & Bash at TNT.
Mira Sorvino To Topline, Jason Ensler To Direct Bruckheimer TV’s TNT Pilot ‘Trooper’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project