Mira Sorvino is set to star in TNT‘s drama pilot Trooper, which Jason Ensler has come on board to direct. This is Sorvino’s second turn in the role, which she first played when the project was a pilot at CBS last season. The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Trooper centers on a recently divorced female state trooper (Sorvino) who is as unconventional at work as she is at home raising her three kids. Her partner on the job is a widowed father who has a much more by-the-book approach to policing. The news of Sorvino’s (re-)casting was first reported by TVLine. Aron Eli Coleite (Heroes) wrote Trooper and executive produces with Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ensler for Warner Horizon. KristieAnne Reed co-executive produces. CAA-repped Ensler is on a streak, with the last three pilots directed by him all going to series: Cult and Hart Of Dixie at the CW and Franklin & Bash at TNT.
Mira Sorvino To Topline, Jason Ensler To Direct Bruckheimer TV’s TNT Pilot ‘Trooper’
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison
- ‘Grace And Frankie’: Marta Kauffman On Season 3, Dolly Parton & Why It’s Great To Be A Woman
- ‘Lucifer’ Season 3 To Be Supersized After 4 Season 2 Episodes Migrate To 2017-18
- Adrien Brody Joins ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 4; First Story Elements Revealed
- ‘Real Life’: Bret Harrison Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot From Hilary Winston
- All Eyes On Donald Trump Twitter Account After Trumpcare Vote Postponed