Mira Sorvino is set to star in TNT‘s drama pilot Trooper, which Jason Ensler has come on board to direct. This is Sorvino’s second turn in the role, which she first played when the project was a pilot at CBS last season. The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Trooper centers on a recently divorced female state trooper (Sorvino) who is as unconventional at work as she is at home raising her three kids. Her partner on the job is a widowed father who has a much more by-the-book approach to policing. The news of Sorvino’s (re-)casting was first reported by TVLine. Aron Eli Coleite (Heroes) wrote Trooper and executive produces with Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ensler for Warner Horizon. KristieAnne Reed co-executive produces. CAA-repped Ensler is on a streak, with the last three pilots directed by him all going to series: Cult and Hart Of Dixie at the CW and Franklin & Bash at TNT.
Mira Sorvino To Topline, Jason Ensler To Direct Bruckheimer TV’s TNT Pilot ‘Trooper’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Family Mourns Death Of DuShon Monique Brown – Reactions
- ‘Lost In Space’: Netflix Debuts Remake At Wondercon With Leading Women And Intergalactic Family Dysfunction
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Trust’ Review: FX’s Jaded Getty Kidnapping Drama Is Criminally Stylish
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Unites Students And Celebrities For Day Of Protest – Highlights
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…