Mira Sorvino is set to star in TNT‘s drama pilot Trooper, which Jason Ensler has come on board to direct. This is Sorvino’s second turn in the role, which she first played when the project was a pilot at CBS last season. The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Trooper centers on a recently divorced female state trooper (Sorvino) who is as unconventional at work as she is at home raising her three kids. Her partner on the job is a widowed father who has a much more by-the-book approach to policing. The news of Sorvino’s (re-)casting was first reported by TVLine. Aron Eli Coleite (Heroes) wrote Trooper and executive produces with Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ensler for Warner Horizon. KristieAnne Reed co-executive produces. CAA-repped Ensler is on a streak, with the last three pilots directed by him all going to series: Cult and Hart Of Dixie at the CW and Franklin & Bash at TNT.
Mira Sorvino To Topline, Jason Ensler To Direct Bruckheimer TV’s TNT Pilot ‘Trooper’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Whiskey Cavalier’: Ana Ortiz To Co-Star In ABC Pilot
- ‘Convicting A Murderer’: Steven Avery Follow-Up In The Works By Documentary Filmmaker Shawn Rech
- ‘Tough Mudder’ Returns To CW & CW Seed
- Sky Italia Boards eOne’s ‘Gaddafi’ From ‘Gomorrah’ Creator Roberto Saviano
- Oprah Winfrey Shrugs Off Donald Trump’s Claim Of Insecurity & ’60 Minutes’ Bias
- ‘Hamilton’ Star Brandon Victor Dixon To Star As Judas In NBC’s ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’