Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has made a deal with Blue Rider Press for North American rights to Undisputed Truth, described as a no-holds-barred tell-all memoir that chronicles Tyson’s journey from tumultuous past to tranquil present. The book will be published next summer and Blue Rider Press president and publisher David Rosenthal acquired the rights from David Vigliano and Anthony Mattero at Vigliano Associates. This guy has been through it all, winning the championship with devastating knockout power, making millions, and then suffering an unbelievable fall from grace. He lost his belt to Buster Douglas, the first time he was knocked out. Then he bit the ears off Evander Holyfield in the ring and was disqualified. There was a rape conviction and drug addiction, symbolizing a rage he was simply unable to control. He has finally pulled himself together, it seems. He headlined a well received one man Broadway show directed by Spike Lee, and turned in a memorable supporting turn in The Hangover. I’m sure he’s got more than enough stories to fill a book. Larry “Ratso” Sloman, best known as Howard Stern’s collaborator on Private Parts and Miss America, and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Anthony Kiedis’s memoir Scar Tissue, will collaborate with Tyson.
Mike Tyson In Memoir Deal With Blue Rider Press For ‘Undisputed Truth’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cannes, Disney Self-Absorption, Suzanne Somers
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Cannes Winners: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Takes Palme D’Or – Live
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $45.8M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs $12.5M…
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video