Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has made a deal with Blue Rider Press for North American rights to Undisputed Truth, described as a no-holds-barred tell-all memoir that chronicles Tyson’s journey from tumultuous past to tranquil present. The book will be published next summer and Blue Rider Press president and publisher David Rosenthal acquired the rights from David Vigliano and Anthony Mattero at Vigliano Associates. This guy has been through it all, winning the championship with devastating knockout power, making millions, and then suffering an unbelievable fall from grace. He lost his belt to Buster Douglas, the first time he was knocked out. Then he bit the ears off Evander Holyfield in the ring and was disqualified. There was a rape conviction and drug addiction, symbolizing a rage he was simply unable to control. He has finally pulled himself together, it seems. He headlined a well received one man Broadway show directed by Spike Lee, and turned in a memorable supporting turn in The Hangover. I’m sure he’s got more than enough stories to fill a book. Larry “Ratso” Sloman, best known as Howard Stern’s collaborator on Private Parts and Miss America, and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Anthony Kiedis’s memoir Scar Tissue, will collaborate with Tyson.
Mike Tyson In Memoir Deal With Blue Rider Press For ‘Undisputed Truth’
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
John Skipper Resigns As ESPN President; Admits Substance Abuse Problem; George Bodenheimer New Acting Chairman
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Shortlisted Director Jeff Orlowski On ‘Chasing Coral’ & Threat Posed By Coral Reef Destruction
- Casting Society Issues Open Call To Performers With Disabilities
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast: Codes Of Conduct
- MoMA’s 17th Doc Fortnight Sets Opening And Closing, Jonathan Demme Tribute
- ‘Dear White People’ Star Logan Browning Joins Allison Williams In 'The Perfection'
- ‘The Florida Project’ Cinematographer Alexis Zabe On Gorgeously-Realized ‘Little Rascals’ For The…