EXCLUSIVE: Oscar winner Martin Landau and Oscar-nominated Virginia Madsen are set to co-star opposite Agnes Bruckner in Lifetime’s original movie The Anna Nicole Story. American Psycho helmer Mary Harron has come on board to direct the film, executive produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron and Judith Verno. Written by John Rice and Joe Batteer, the biopic is based on the true life story of Vickie Lynn Hogan, a pretty but plain girl growing up in a small Texas town who transforms herself into Anna Nicole Smith – a voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe-esque Playboy pin-up and model. Determined to be noticed, for good or ill, Vickie gets her wish, but it comes at a steep price, both for her and her beloved son, Danny. Madsen will play Vickie’s mom Virgie who raised her. Landau will play oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall who married then-stripper Smith when he was 89 and she was 26. He died a year later, and Smith spent the following decade in a legal battle with Marshall’s sons over his estate. The Anna Nicole Story is produced by Sony Pictures TV and Zadan and Meron’s Storyline Entertainment. Landau, repped by TalentWorks, voices a character in the upcoming animated feature Frankenweenie. Harron is with WME.
Martin Landau & Virginia Madsen To Co-Star In Lifetime’s Anna Nicole Smith Biopic, Mary Harron To Direct
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'