EXCLUSIVE: Oscar winner Martin Landau and Oscar-nominated Virginia Madsen are set to co-star opposite Agnes Bruckner in Lifetime’s original movie The Anna Nicole Story. American Psycho helmer Mary Harron has come on board to direct the film, executive produced by Craig Zadan, Neil Meron and Judith Verno. Written by John Rice and Joe Batteer, the biopic is based on the true life story of Vickie Lynn Hogan, a pretty but plain girl growing up in a small Texas town who transforms herself into Anna Nicole Smith – a voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe-esque Playboy pin-up and model. Determined to be noticed, for good or ill, Vickie gets her wish, but it comes at a steep price, both for her and her beloved son, Danny. Madsen will play Vickie’s mom Virgie who raised her. Landau will play oil tycoon J. Howard Marshall who married then-stripper Smith when he was 89 and she was 26. He died a year later, and Smith spent the following decade in a legal battle with Marshall’s sons over his estate. The Anna Nicole Story is produced by Sony Pictures TV and Zadan and Meron’s Storyline Entertainment. Landau, repped by TalentWorks, voices a character in the upcoming animated feature Frankenweenie. Harron is with WME.
Martin Landau & Virginia Madsen To Co-Star In Lifetime’s Anna Nicole Smith Biopic, Mary Harron To Direct
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot