ABC has put in development Coup, a drama written by Mad Men co-executive producer Chris Black. Feature director Martin Campbell (Casino Royale) is on board to executive produce and direct. Coup is a serialized thriller about a young American man whose wife is taken hostage in an overseas coup, and who must join forces with a dangerous mercenary to get her back. ABC Studio is producing. The project falls under Campbell’s overall deal with ABC Studios. It is his second sale at ABC through ABC Studios this season, along with soap Killer Women, which Campbell executive produces along with writer Hannah Shakespeare, Ben Silverman, Sofia Vergara and Luis Balaguer. Additionally, Campbell is attached to executive produce and direct a re-imagining of Terry Nation’s classic British space series Blake’s 7 for Syfy, being written by Joe Pokaski and produced by Georgeville Television. Campbell is repped by CAA and Walter Teller & Ken Richman; Black, whose credits also include Desperate Housewives and Star Trek: Enterprise, is with WME.
Martin Campbell To Produce & Direct ABC Drama Thriller Project From ‘Mad Men’ Writer
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'