ABC has put in development Coup, a drama written by Mad Men co-executive producer Chris Black. Feature director Martin Campbell (Casino Royale) is on board to executive produce and direct. Coup is a serialized thriller about a young American man whose wife is taken hostage in an overseas coup, and who must join forces with a dangerous mercenary to get her back. ABC Studio is producing. The project falls under Campbell’s overall deal with ABC Studios. It is his second sale at ABC through ABC Studios this season, along with soap Killer Women, which Campbell executive produces along with writer Hannah Shakespeare, Ben Silverman, Sofia Vergara and Luis Balaguer. Additionally, Campbell is attached to executive produce and direct a re-imagining of Terry Nation’s classic British space series Blake’s 7 for Syfy, being written by Joe Pokaski and produced by Georgeville Television. Campbell is repped by CAA and Walter Teller & Ken Richman; Black, whose credits also include Desperate Housewives and Star Trek: Enterprise, is with WME.
Martin Campbell To Produce & Direct ABC Drama Thriller Project From ‘Mad Men’ Writer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21