ABC has put in development Coup, a drama written by Mad Men co-executive producer Chris Black. Feature director Martin Campbell (Casino Royale) is on board to executive produce and direct. Coup is a serialized thriller about a young American man whose wife is taken hostage in an overseas coup, and who must join forces with a dangerous mercenary to get her back. ABC Studio is producing. The project falls under Campbell’s overall deal with ABC Studios. It is his second sale at ABC through ABC Studios this season, along with soap Killer Women, which Campbell executive produces along with writer Hannah Shakespeare, Ben Silverman, Sofia Vergara and Luis Balaguer. Additionally, Campbell is attached to executive produce and direct a re-imagining of Terry Nation’s classic British space series Blake’s 7 for Syfy, being written by Joe Pokaski and produced by Georgeville Television. Campbell is repped by CAA and Walter Teller & Ken Richman; Black, whose credits also include Desperate Housewives and Star Trek: Enterprise, is with WME.
Martin Campbell To Produce & Direct ABC Drama Thriller Project From ‘Mad Men’ Writer
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Starz Files Petitions With FCC To Get Network Put Back On Altice Cable Systems
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87