Marilyn Monroe is stepping from the stage to the small screen. Marilyn: Forever Blonde, tracing the life of the screen idol, has been optioned by Eisenberg-Fisher Productions. The company based on the Paramount lot will co-produce with writer Greg Thompson’s Lipstick Productions. The plan is to incorporate interviews with celebrity attendees and fans of the stage show with an edited live performance, says producer Joel Eisenberg. The special will be pitched to cable networks and broadcast networks. The company says they hope to follow the TV special with a home video release in the first half of 2013. Sunny Thompson is scheduled to reprise her role from the one-woman show. Marilyn isn’t the only larger than life figure on Eisenberg-Fisher Productions’ horizon. The company has a feature film based on the real-life stuntman and short-lived Marvel comic character The Human Fly in development. As well Eisenberg’s EMO Films is working on a new TV version of Tales from the Crypt with William M. Gaines Agent, Inc., the rights holder of all EC Comics-related properties.
‘Marilyn: Forever Blonde’ Play Being Developed For TV Special
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tweet Tries To Block Boomerang After Doug Jones Wins Alabama Race
- ‘I Hate Everyone But You’ Author Allison Raskin Launches Soap Opera Podcast
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media