Marilyn Monroe is stepping from the stage to the small screen. Marilyn: Forever Blonde, tracing the life of the screen idol, has been optioned by Eisenberg-Fisher Productions. The company based on the Paramount lot will co-produce with writer Greg Thompson’s Lipstick Productions. The plan is to incorporate interviews with celebrity attendees and fans of the stage show with an edited live performance, says producer Joel Eisenberg. The special will be pitched to cable networks and broadcast networks. The company says they hope to follow the TV special with a home video release in the first half of 2013. Sunny Thompson is scheduled to reprise her role from the one-woman show. Marilyn isn’t the only larger than life figure on Eisenberg-Fisher Productions’ horizon. The company has a feature film based on the real-life stuntman and short-lived Marvel comic character The Human Fly in development. As well Eisenberg’s EMO Films is working on a new TV version of Tales from the Crypt with William M. Gaines Agent, Inc., the rights holder of all EC Comics-related properties.
‘Marilyn: Forever Blonde’ Play Being Developed For TV Special
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement