Marilyn Monroe is stepping from the stage to the small screen. Marilyn: Forever Blonde, tracing the life of the screen idol, has been optioned by Eisenberg-Fisher Productions. The company based on the Paramount lot will co-produce with writer Greg Thompson’s Lipstick Productions. The plan is to incorporate interviews with celebrity attendees and fans of the stage show with an edited live performance, says producer Joel Eisenberg. The special will be pitched to cable networks and broadcast networks. The company says they hope to follow the TV special with a home video release in the first half of 2013. Sunny Thompson is scheduled to reprise her role from the one-woman show. Marilyn isn’t the only larger than life figure on Eisenberg-Fisher Productions’ horizon. The company has a feature film based on the real-life stuntman and short-lived Marvel comic character The Human Fly in development. As well Eisenberg’s EMO Films is working on a new TV version of Tales from the Crypt with William M. Gaines Agent, Inc., the rights holder of all EC Comics-related properties.
‘Marilyn: Forever Blonde’ Play Being Developed For TV Special
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?
- ATX Television Festival Launches Podcast Series With Marta Kauffman, Bill Lawrence, Jason Katims & More Guests
- Donald Trump To Talk NFL, FBI Plots, And MS-13 With Brian Kilmeade On Thursday’s ‘Fox & Friends’
- Mike Pence Tweets Charlie Sheen-ily After NFL Unveils New No-Kneeling National Anthem Rule
- Michael Jackson Estate Claims ABC Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer
- ‘The House Of The Spirits’ TV Series Based On Isabel Allende Novel In Works At Hulu From FilmNation Entertainment