Marilyn Monroe is stepping from the stage to the small screen. Marilyn: Forever Blonde, tracing the life of the screen idol, has been optioned by Eisenberg-Fisher Productions. The company based on the Paramount lot will co-produce with writer Greg Thompson’s Lipstick Productions. The plan is to incorporate interviews with celebrity attendees and fans of the stage show with an edited live performance, says producer Joel Eisenberg. The special will be pitched to cable networks and broadcast networks. The company says they hope to follow the TV special with a home video release in the first half of 2013. Sunny Thompson is scheduled to reprise her role from the one-woman show. Marilyn isn’t the only larger than life figure on Eisenberg-Fisher Productions’ horizon. The company has a feature film based on the real-life stuntman and short-lived Marvel comic character The Human Fly in development. As well Eisenberg’s EMO Films is working on a new TV version of Tales from the Crypt with William M. Gaines Agent, Inc., the rights holder of all EC Comics-related properties.
‘Marilyn: Forever Blonde’ Play Being Developed For TV Special
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets