Lionsgate and Samuel and Victor Hadida’s Metropolitan Filmexport have formalized their relationship with an output deal for France. The two companies have long worked together with Metropolitan releasing all of Lionsgate’s major titles in recent years including The Hunger Games. Lionsgate has been busy securing deals with offshore partners to create an international distribution network. The Metropolitan pact follows recent agreements with StudioCanal in Germany, Nordisk Films in Scandinavia, Aurum Producciones in Spain and Roadshow Pictures in Australia. The deal with Metropolitan covers only Lionsgate’s slate. Summit’s titles have traditionally gone through SND in France, a company that held about 10% of Summit until it cashed out during the Lionsgate/Summit merger.
Lionsgate Seals Output Deal With France’s Metropolitan Filmexport
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'