The stock is up 3.5% on the surprising announcement. Helped by the strong performance of films including The Hunger Games and The Twilight Saga — and especially the $800M revolving credit facility it negotiated last month — the independent studio says that it paid off “all amounts outstanding” from the $500M it borrowed to buy Summit. Lionsgate paid off the remaining balance of $299.2M with cash from the credit facility. That effectively lowered the interest burden to 3% from 7%, saving about $12M in interest expense per year. Lionsgate also made Summit a guarantor of its senior credit facility and 10.25% Senior Secured Second-Priority Notes due 2016.
Lionsgate Shares Rise After It Reports Early Repayment Of Summit Debt
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Latest Business News
- Timothee Chalamet Donates Salary From Woody Allen Film To Time’s Up, RAINN
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- Arnold Schwarzenegger “Shocked” About Eliza Dushku’s ‘True Lies’ Allegations, Calls Her “So Courageous”…
- Undaunted By Syndication Slump, NATPE Boosts International, Reality, Local TV
- Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
- Nikki Glaser To Topline Live Daily Morning Show On SiriusXM’s Comedy Central Radio – TCA