CBS Corp. CEO Les Moonves today confirmed longtime speculation that CBS would be interested in buying Sony Corp.’s movie and television studio businesses if they were to become available. “We love our current portfolio, but as a content company, we would want to look at them,” Moonves told the Wall Street Journal in an interview. Moonves emphasized that CBS has no specific plans regarding Sony right now. Some observers have speculated Sony would sell its movie and TV studio businesses if the opportunity arose. Moonves’ remarks to the Journal came as his new extended compensation package — which includes an extra $14.5 million in stock on top of other stock and salary — were filed with the the Securities & Exchange Commission.
Les Moonves Says If Sony Were Selling Movie & TV Biz, CBS Would Look: WSJ
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years