Lena Dunham has admirers and a fair share of detractors too. The enviable 26-year-old has a hit HBO series Girls (Season 2 begins January 13), and she’s a successful author with a multimillion-dollar book contract. But who knew her YouTube video ad for President Obama titled Your First Time (see below) would draw the level of wrath it has from conservative pundits. A small sampling follows. Breitbart.com Editor-at-Large John Nolte tweeted “How could a president with two young, blossoming daughters release an ad as disgusting as this”? Fox News’ Monica Crowley called the ad “vile, stomach-churning, super-gross.” Redstate.com’s Erick Erickson said it was “further proof we live in a fallen world destined for hell fire.” Which might explain why Minnesota Republican Party deputy chairperson Kelly Fenton wrote in a since deleted tweet, “#MyFirstTime ad by #Obama is similar to an ad #Putin did. They must share the same advisor: #Satan.” Dunham’s response? “It tickles me no end that while my twitter feed was blowing up with conservative hate I was literally hanging out in a pile of bisexuals.”
Conservatives React To Lena Dunham’s Video For Obama
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years