Lena Dunham has admirers and a fair share of detractors too. The enviable 26-year-old has a hit HBO series Girls (Season 2 begins January 13), and she’s a successful author with a multimillion-dollar book contract. But who knew her YouTube video ad for President Obama titled Your First Time (see below) would draw the level of wrath it has from conservative pundits. A small sampling follows. Breitbart.com Editor-at-Large John Nolte tweeted “How could a president with two young, blossoming daughters release an ad as disgusting as this”? Fox News’ Monica Crowley called the ad “vile, stomach-churning, super-gross.” Redstate.com’s Erick Erickson said it was “further proof we live in a fallen world destined for hell fire.” Which might explain why Minnesota Republican Party deputy chairperson Kelly Fenton wrote in a since deleted tweet, “#MyFirstTime ad by #Obama is similar to an ad #Putin did. They must share the same advisor: #Satan.” Dunham’s response? “It tickles me no end that while my twitter feed was blowing up with conservative hate I was literally hanging out in a pile of bisexuals.”
Conservatives React To Lena Dunham’s Video For Obama
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video