EXCLUSIVE: Laemmle/Zeller Films has acquired the rights to Plimpton! Starring George Plimpton As Himself. The company plans to theatrically release the documentary of the writer and raconteur in the spring of 2013. Directors Tom Bean and Luke Poling use audio and video of the Paris Review editor to tell his life’s story. Plimpton, who acted onscreen with Anthony Hopkins, John Wayne and Matt Damon among others, was known for taking his self-styled “participatory journalism” on to the field. For various stories, he played for the Detroit Lions and the Boston Bruins as well as the New York Philharmonic. Plimpton died on September 25, 2003 at the age of 76. The documentary, which raised part of its funding off Kickstarter, has played at various festivals across the country this year. Ronna Wallace of Eastgate Pictures represented Bean and Poling in crafting the deal with the company. Greg Laemmle, President of Laemmle Theatres and Steven Zeller, President of movie marketing and PR company GS Entertainment Marketing Group head Laemmle/Zeller Films.
Laemmle/Zeller Picks Up ‘Plimpton!’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Gemma Chan Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Opposite Saoirse Ronan & Margot Robbie
- ‘Human Flow’ Trailer: Ai Weiwei’s Documentary About The Refugee Crisis
- Weinstein Company Launches Mizchief Animated Film Label
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor