EXCLUSIVE: Laemmle/Zeller Films has acquired the rights to Plimpton! Starring George Plimpton As Himself. The company plans to theatrically release the documentary of the writer and raconteur in the spring of 2013. Directors Tom Bean and Luke Poling use audio and video of the Paris Review editor to tell his life’s story. Plimpton, who acted onscreen with Anthony Hopkins, John Wayne and Matt Damon among others, was known for taking his self-styled “participatory journalism” on to the field. For various stories, he played for the Detroit Lions and the Boston Bruins as well as the New York Philharmonic. Plimpton died on September 25, 2003 at the age of 76. The documentary, which raised part of its funding off Kickstarter, has played at various festivals across the country this year. Ronna Wallace of Eastgate Pictures represented Bean and Poling in crafting the deal with the company. Greg Laemmle, President of Laemmle Theatres and Steven Zeller, President of movie marketing and PR company GS Entertainment Marketing Group head Laemmle/Zeller Films.
Laemmle/Zeller Picks Up ‘Plimpton!’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest Film News
- Make Up Artists & Hair Styling Guild Sets 2019 Awards Date & Timeline
- Mike Epps Cast In ‘Troupe Zero’ Movie From Amazon Studios
- David Gyasi Joins Disney’s ‘Maleficent’ Sequel
- CBS Slams “Disloyal” Shari Redstone In Attempt To Toss Bylaw Change That Could Lead To Viacom Merger
- LeBron James & Channing Tatum Team For New Line Action Comedy
- Equality Writes Launches As UK Study Finds Just 16% Of Film Scribes Are Women