Vanity Fair made the announcement this morning. But does this stunt-editing really increase sales? Sure it’s great free marketing for the magazne and for Judd Apatow’s Universal pic This Is 40 coming out December 21st. Because Vanity Fair‘s first ever comedy issue will hit newsstands and mailboxes and online by December 5th. Apatow becomes VF‘s 3rd guest editor since Graydon Carter took over 20 years ago — Bono did the Africa issue in 2007, and Tom Ford the Hollywood Portfolio in 2006 years ago. VF says its comedy issue will “feature a 20-page-plus portfolio featuring a Who’s Who of today’s comedy stars”. Says Apatow: “I proposed the idea of editing a comedy issue. I didn’t think Graydon would say yes, and then I didn’t think it would be that much work. And then I found out I don’t get paid.” Judd tweeted this morning: “Doing it right now. Sarah Silverman is right here!” Meanwhile, Steve Martin used the occasion to tweet a photo he calls “Judd Apatow and I on our third date” (photo right).
Judd Apatow Editing VF’s 1st Comedy Issue
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- ‘Wasted!’ Directors & EP Anthony Bourdain On The Problem Of Food Waste And Ways To Combat It…
- Dennis Rodman Runs Amok In Colin Hanks’ ‘The Amazing Adventures Of Wally And The Worm’…
- ‘Dear Basketball’ Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built “Piece By Piece” And Life After Basketball…
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 3 – Andie MacDowell, Joseph Fiennes, Elisabeth Moss, Kobe Bryant, Dan Stevens…