EXCLUSIVE: Jose Maria Yazpik will play the title character in Alfonso Pineda Ulloa’s The Jesuit, which Paul Schrader wrote and which begins filming this month in Mexico. Alex Garcia, Santiago Garcia Galvan and Jose Martinez Jr from Argonautas Producciones are producers. Yazpik, who starred in Diego Luna’s Abel and just wrapped Pedro Almodovar’s Brief Lovers, plays a man nicknamed The Jesuit who has been imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit. When his wife is killed and his son kidnapped and taken to Mexico, he devises a dangerous plan to rescue his son and avenge his wife’s death. Shannyn Sossamon will play the woman The Jesuit hires to masquerade as his wife on the quest. The actress can be seen on the ABC series Mistresses and appears later this year in Mark Webber’s The End Of Love. Yazpik and Sossamon are repped by APA; Sossamon is additionally repped by Management Production Entertainment.
Jose Maria Yazpik And Shannyn Sossamon Topline Indie ‘The Jesuit’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…