EXCLUSIVE: Jose Maria Yazpik will play the title character in Alfonso Pineda Ulloa’s The Jesuit, which Paul Schrader wrote and which begins filming this month in Mexico. Alex Garcia, Santiago Garcia Galvan and Jose Martinez Jr from Argonautas Producciones are producers. Yazpik, who starred in Diego Luna’s Abel and just wrapped Pedro Almodovar’s Brief Lovers, plays a man nicknamed The Jesuit who has been imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit. When his wife is killed and his son kidnapped and taken to Mexico, he devises a dangerous plan to rescue his son and avenge his wife’s death. Shannyn Sossamon will play the woman The Jesuit hires to masquerade as his wife on the quest. The actress can be seen on the ABC series Mistresses and appears later this year in Mark Webber’s The End Of Love. Yazpik and Sossamon are repped by APA; Sossamon is additionally repped by Management Production Entertainment.
Jose Maria Yazpik And Shannyn Sossamon Topline Indie ‘The Jesuit’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $60.3M: But Why Is Opening Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- Noureen DeWulf Books Three Film Roles; Hannah Rose May Joins ‘The Recall’
- Joss Whedon’s Sermon On The Con: “The Dialogue Between Audiences And Studios Is Defaulting”
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org
- Life After ‘Orphan Black’? Tatiana Maslany & Creators Discuss – Comic-Con
- Mark Boal Decries Military “Fishing Expedition” In Bowe Bergdahl Case