EXCLUSIVE: Jose Maria Yazpik will play the title character in Alfonso Pineda Ulloa’s The Jesuit, which Paul Schrader wrote and which begins filming this month in Mexico. Alex Garcia, Santiago Garcia Galvan and Jose Martinez Jr from Argonautas Producciones are producers. Yazpik, who starred in Diego Luna’s Abel and just wrapped Pedro Almodovar’s Brief Lovers, plays a man nicknamed The Jesuit who has been imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit. When his wife is killed and his son kidnapped and taken to Mexico, he devises a dangerous plan to rescue his son and avenge his wife’s death. Shannyn Sossamon will play the woman The Jesuit hires to masquerade as his wife on the quest. The actress can be seen on the ABC series Mistresses and appears later this year in Mark Webber’s The End Of Love. Yazpik and Sossamon are repped by APA; Sossamon is additionally repped by Management Production Entertainment.
Jose Maria Yazpik And Shannyn Sossamon Topline Indie ‘The Jesuit’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Arrives With Awards Hopes; ‘Patti Cake$’ Bows – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Exhibition Stocks Battered On Report Studios Plan PVOD Without A Deal
- Christopher McQuarrie On Why Making Release Date Won’t Be A Mission Impossible Despite Tom Cruise Ankle Break
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- Gemma Chan Joins ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ Opposite Saoirse Ronan & Margot Robbie
- ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Takes Out $1.65M; ‘Logan Lucky’ Pulls In $525K – Thursday…