EXCLUSIVE: Jose Maria Yazpik will play the title character in Alfonso Pineda Ulloa’s The Jesuit, which Paul Schrader wrote and which begins filming this month in Mexico. Alex Garcia, Santiago Garcia Galvan and Jose Martinez Jr from Argonautas Producciones are producers. Yazpik, who starred in Diego Luna’s Abel and just wrapped Pedro Almodovar’s Brief Lovers, plays a man nicknamed The Jesuit who has been imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit. When his wife is killed and his son kidnapped and taken to Mexico, he devises a dangerous plan to rescue his son and avenge his wife’s death. Shannyn Sossamon will play the woman The Jesuit hires to masquerade as his wife on the quest. The actress can be seen on the ABC series Mistresses and appears later this year in Mark Webber’s The End Of Love. Yazpik and Sossamon are repped by APA; Sossamon is additionally repped by Management Production Entertainment.
Jose Maria Yazpik And Shannyn Sossamon Topline Indie ‘The Jesuit’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Updated To “Stable” After Being Rushed To Hospital
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara