EXCLUSIVE: Jose Maria Yazpik will play the title character in Alfonso Pineda Ulloa’s The Jesuit, which Paul Schrader wrote and which begins filming this month in Mexico. Alex Garcia, Santiago Garcia Galvan and Jose Martinez Jr from Argonautas Producciones are producers. Yazpik, who starred in Diego Luna’s Abel and just wrapped Pedro Almodovar’s Brief Lovers, plays a man nicknamed The Jesuit who has been imprisoned for a crime he didn’t commit. When his wife is killed and his son kidnapped and taken to Mexico, he devises a dangerous plan to rescue his son and avenge his wife’s death. Shannyn Sossamon will play the woman The Jesuit hires to masquerade as his wife on the quest. The actress can be seen on the ABC series Mistresses and appears later this year in Mark Webber’s The End Of Love. Yazpik and Sossamon are repped by APA; Sossamon is additionally repped by Management Production Entertainment.
Jose Maria Yazpik And Shannyn Sossamon Topline Indie ‘The Jesuit’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016