Jay Leno is jumping across the network divide at the end of the month to appear on CBS’ The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, Deadline has learned. It marks the first time the NBC host will appear on CBS’ 12:30 AM late-night talker. Ferguson was on The Tonight Show last year for the first time since 1997, promoting Disney’s Winnie The Pooh movie. The host first mentioned the possibility of Leno coming last week during an appearance at the Paley Center. Behind the scenes, an insider says Late Late Show executive producer Peter Lassally — who worked for Letterman and before that Johnny Carson — personally called his Tonight Show counterpart Debbie Vickers to arrange the Leno appearance on Late Late Show, which is produced by Leno’s longtime rival David Letterman’s Worldwide Pants. Earlier this year, CBS took partial ownership of The Late Late Show from Worldwide Pants when Ferguson and Letterman extended their contracts with the network through 2014.
Jay Leno To Appear On Craig Ferguson’s ‘Late Late Show’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era