Jay Leno is jumping across the network divide at the end of the month to appear on CBS’ The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, Deadline has learned. It marks the first time the NBC host will appear on CBS’ 12:30 AM late-night talker. Ferguson was on The Tonight Show last year for the first time since 1997, promoting Disney’s Winnie The Pooh movie. The host first mentioned the possibility of Leno coming last week during an appearance at the Paley Center. Behind the scenes, an insider says Late Late Show executive producer Peter Lassally — who worked for Letterman and before that Johnny Carson — personally called his Tonight Show counterpart Debbie Vickers to arrange the Leno appearance on Late Late Show, which is produced by Leno’s longtime rival David Letterman’s Worldwide Pants. Earlier this year, CBS took partial ownership of The Late Late Show from Worldwide Pants when Ferguson and Letterman extended their contracts with the network through 2014.
Jay Leno To Appear On Craig Ferguson’s ‘Late Late Show’
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Fox Developing Soap From ‘No Good Deed’ Writer & Chernin Entertainment
- ‘Lady In The Mask’ Psychological Thriller Drama From Amblin TV Set At the CW
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields