Jay Leno is jumping across the network divide at the end of the month to appear on CBS’ The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, Deadline has learned. It marks the first time the NBC host will appear on CBS’ 12:30 AM late-night talker. Ferguson was on The Tonight Show last year for the first time since 1997, promoting Disney’s Winnie The Pooh movie. The host first mentioned the possibility of Leno coming last week during an appearance at the Paley Center. Behind the scenes, an insider says Late Late Show executive producer Peter Lassally — who worked for Letterman and before that Johnny Carson — personally called his Tonight Show counterpart Debbie Vickers to arrange the Leno appearance on Late Late Show, which is produced by Leno’s longtime rival David Letterman’s Worldwide Pants. Earlier this year, CBS took partial ownership of The Late Late Show from Worldwide Pants when Ferguson and Letterman extended their contracts with the network through 2014.
Jay Leno To Appear On Craig Ferguson’s ‘Late Late Show’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins