Jay Leno is jumping across the network divide at the end of the month to appear on CBS’ The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson, Deadline has learned. It marks the first time the NBC host will appear on CBS’ 12:30 AM late-night talker. Ferguson was on The Tonight Show last year for the first time since 1997, promoting Disney’s Winnie The Pooh movie. The host first mentioned the possibility of Leno coming last week during an appearance at the Paley Center. Behind the scenes, an insider says Late Late Show executive producer Peter Lassally — who worked for Letterman and before that Johnny Carson — personally called his Tonight Show counterpart Debbie Vickers to arrange the Leno appearance on Late Late Show, which is produced by Leno’s longtime rival David Letterman’s Worldwide Pants. Earlier this year, CBS took partial ownership of The Late Late Show from Worldwide Pants when Ferguson and Letterman extended their contracts with the network through 2014.
Jay Leno To Appear On Craig Ferguson’s ‘Late Late Show’
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
'Jumanji' At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; 'Maze Runner: Death Cure' Debuts - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Gets Biggest Bump In Consumer Demand Post Golden Globes
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- British TV Host Billie JD Porter Details Vice Harassment Allegations
- Mitchell Gossett Joins Industry Entertainment Partners As Manager
- Tomorrow Studios To Adapt Novel ‘The Oracle Year’ As TV Series
- ‘Vampirina’ Renewed For Season 2 By Disney Junior