After fielding a slew of pilot orders over the years and recently doing a guest arc on Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama The Newsroom, Oscar winner Jane Fonda has attached herself to a comedy in development at ABC. Titled Now What?, it was written on spec by Abby Gewanter (Pushing Daisies). According to Variety, which first reported the project, Now What? stars Fonda as a mother moving in with her daughter after the daughter publicly criticizes her in a blog post entitled “Dear Mom, Here’s Why I Hate You…” The concept sounds somewhat like a female version on CBS’ $#*! My Dad Says, with both featuring showy starring roles for actors over 70, a rarity on TV. Scott Ellis is attached to direct as well as executive produce with Mike Tollin. While she has won awards mostly for her drama feature performances, Fonda also has done a number of comedies, including Barbarella, Fun With Dick And Jane, 9 To 5, and Monster-In-Law.
Jane Fonda Toplines Mother-Daughter Comedy In Development At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…
- ‘Rectify’ Star Aden Young Inks With ICM Partners