After fielding a slew of pilot orders over the years and recently doing a guest arc on Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama The Newsroom, Oscar winner Jane Fonda has attached herself to a comedy in development at ABC. Titled Now What?, it was written on spec by Abby Gewanter (Pushing Daisies). According to Variety, which first reported the project, Now What? stars Fonda as a mother moving in with her daughter after the daughter publicly criticizes her in a blog post entitled “Dear Mom, Here’s Why I Hate You…” The concept sounds somewhat like a female version on CBS’ $#*! My Dad Says, with both featuring showy starring roles for actors over 70, a rarity on TV. Scott Ellis is attached to direct as well as executive produce with Mike Tollin. While she has won awards mostly for her drama feature performances, Fonda also has done a number of comedies, including Barbarella, Fun With Dick And Jane, 9 To 5, and Monster-In-Law.
Jane Fonda Toplines Mother-Daughter Comedy In Development At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Crude, Rude “Message From Donald & Melania Trump” Launches Season 41 Of ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Violent Rains Flood Cannes As Mipcom Organizers Mobilize In Wake Of Disaster
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins