Alcon Entertainment co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove keep putting together Prisoners by adding Jake Gyllenhaal to Hugh Jackman in the kidnapping thriller directed by Denis Villeneuve (Incendies) and written by Aaron Guzikowski (Contraband). Gyllenhaal plays hot-shot cop Detective Loki. Also producing are 8:38 Productions’ Kira Davis and Madhouse Entertainment’s Adam Kolbrenner. Production is scheduled to begin early next year for a fall 2013 release through Alcon’s output deal with Warner Bros.
Jake Gyllenhaal Joins Hugh Jackman In ‘Prisoners’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM