Some eyebrows were raised when this morning’s release of the Iron Man 3 first full trailer confirmed that the pic was a co-production between Marvel Studios and China’s DMG Entertainment. That’s because, earlier in April, Marvel Studios and DMG announced the intention to shoot and co-produce Iron Man 3 in China. But there have been rumors since then that it wasn’t happening. So until today that co-production status was still not clear. But my sources say Marvel Studios seems to be on track with the goal to film and release in China. Marvel meanwhile issued this statement in response to the rumor mill: “The suggestion that there has been an abandonment of the intention to film Iron Man 3 in China, or to pursue co-production status in China, is false.” BTW, all 6 of the studio’s prior films have released in China with box office totaling a whopping $165M.
‘Iron Man 3’ Still On Track To Be Marvel-China Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role