Some eyebrows were raised when this morning’s release of the Iron Man 3 first full trailer confirmed that the pic was a co-production between Marvel Studios and China’s DMG Entertainment. That’s because, earlier in April, Marvel Studios and DMG announced the intention to shoot and co-produce Iron Man 3 in China. But there have been rumors since then that it wasn’t happening. So until today that co-production status was still not clear. But my sources say Marvel Studios seems to be on track with the goal to film and release in China. Marvel meanwhile issued this statement in response to the rumor mill: “The suggestion that there has been an abandonment of the intention to film Iron Man 3 in China, or to pursue co-production status in China, is false.” BTW, all 6 of the studio’s prior films have released in China with box office totaling a whopping $165M.
‘Iron Man 3’ Still On Track To Be Marvel-China Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s Lingering Legacy
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center
- ‘The Lobster’ Trailer: Colin Farrell & Rachel Weisz In Offbeat Near-Future Love Story
- Indie Drama ‘Five Nights In Maine’ Acquired By FilmRise