Some eyebrows were raised when this morning’s release of the Iron Man 3 first full trailer confirmed that the pic was a co-production between Marvel Studios and China’s DMG Entertainment. That’s because, earlier in April, Marvel Studios and DMG announced the intention to shoot and co-produce Iron Man 3 in China. But there have been rumors since then that it wasn’t happening. So until today that co-production status was still not clear. But my sources say Marvel Studios seems to be on track with the goal to film and release in China. Marvel meanwhile issued this statement in response to the rumor mill: “The suggestion that there has been an abandonment of the intention to film Iron Man 3 in China, or to pursue co-production status in China, is false.” BTW, all 6 of the studio’s prior films have released in China with box office totaling a whopping $165M.
‘Iron Man 3’ Still On Track To Be Marvel-China Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA