Some eyebrows were raised when this morning’s release of the Iron Man 3 first full trailer confirmed that the pic was a co-production between Marvel Studios and China’s DMG Entertainment. That’s because, earlier in April, Marvel Studios and DMG announced the intention to shoot and co-produce Iron Man 3 in China. But there have been rumors since then that it wasn’t happening. So until today that co-production status was still not clear. But my sources say Marvel Studios seems to be on track with the goal to film and release in China. Marvel meanwhile issued this statement in response to the rumor mill: “The suggestion that there has been an abandonment of the intention to film Iron Man 3 in China, or to pursue co-production status in China, is false.” BTW, all 6 of the studio’s prior films have released in China with box office totaling a whopping $165M.
‘Iron Man 3’ Still On Track To Be Marvel-China Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Tupac Shakur Biopic ‘All Eyez On Me’ Gets Summer Release From Lionsgate’s Summit
- Will Donald Trump Strip The FCC Of Some Of Its Regulatory Clout?
- ‘XXX: Return Of Xander Cage’ Nabs Investment From China’s Huahua & SFG
- Richard Armitage Joins ‘Ocean’s Eight’ Cast
- Ed Norton, Bella Thorne & More Join Meryl Streep To Voice TWC’s ‘Guardian Brothers’
- Curzon To Be Honored At BAFTA Film Awards; Maisie Williams Joins Aardman’s ‘Early Man’…