Some eyebrows were raised when this morning’s release of the Iron Man 3 first full trailer confirmed that the pic was a co-production between Marvel Studios and China’s DMG Entertainment. That’s because, earlier in April, Marvel Studios and DMG announced the intention to shoot and co-produce Iron Man 3 in China. But there have been rumors since then that it wasn’t happening. So until today that co-production status was still not clear. But my sources say Marvel Studios seems to be on track with the goal to film and release in China. Marvel meanwhile issued this statement in response to the rumor mill: “The suggestion that there has been an abandonment of the intention to film Iron Man 3 in China, or to pursue co-production status in China, is false.” BTW, all 6 of the studio’s prior films have released in China with box office totaling a whopping $165M.
‘Iron Man 3’ Still On Track To Be Marvel-China Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’