Some eyebrows were raised when this morning’s release of the Iron Man 3 first full trailer confirmed that the pic was a co-production between Marvel Studios and China’s DMG Entertainment. That’s because, earlier in April, Marvel Studios and DMG announced the intention to shoot and co-produce Iron Man 3 in China. But there have been rumors since then that it wasn’t happening. So until today that co-production status was still not clear. But my sources say Marvel Studios seems to be on track with the goal to film and release in China. Marvel meanwhile issued this statement in response to the rumor mill: “The suggestion that there has been an abandonment of the intention to film Iron Man 3 in China, or to pursue co-production status in China, is false.” BTW, all 6 of the studio’s prior films have released in China with box office totaling a whopping $165M.
‘Iron Man 3’ Still On Track To Be Marvel-China Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…