EXCLUSIVE: ICM Partners has signed Michael Kenneth Williams, who is lighting it up after bursting on the scene in HBO’s The Wire as Omar, robber of drug dealers. While Williams moved on to the role of bootlegger Chalky White in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, he has been doing just as well on the feature front. He recently wrapped production on Steve McQueen’s upcoming film 12 Years A Slave, as well as Ric Roman Waugh’s Snitch opposite Dwayne Johnson. And he was on Quentin Tarantino’s short list for the title role in Django Unchained. Williams is currently shooting the MGM feature Robocop, playing the title character’s partner in the Jose Padilha-directed remake.
ICM Partners Signs Actor Michael Kenneth Williams
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- Whydah Productions Secures Rights To Barry Clifford & JFK Jr.’s Pirate Ship Tale
- Film Arcade Inks Multi-Year Domestic Distribution Deal With Universal Home Entertainment
- Fortitude Runs With Adidas/Puma Origin Story Produced By Andrew Garfield
- Guillermo Del Toro To Receive Sound Editors’ Filmmaker Award
- Jessica Chastain’s Surprising Journey Into Corporate Lobbying With ‘Miss Sloane’
- Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Oscars