EXCLUSIVE: ICM Partners has signed Michael Kenneth Williams, who is lighting it up after bursting on the scene in HBO’s The Wire as Omar, robber of drug dealers. While Williams moved on to the role of bootlegger Chalky White in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire, he has been doing just as well on the feature front. He recently wrapped production on Steve McQueen’s upcoming film 12 Years A Slave, as well as Ric Roman Waugh’s Snitch opposite Dwayne Johnson. And he was on Quentin Tarantino’s short list for the title role in Django Unchained. Williams is currently shooting the MGM feature Robocop, playing the title character’s partner in the Jose Padilha-directed remake.
ICM Partners Signs Actor Michael Kenneth Williams
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'