There is no deal in place for him to write Lionsgate‘s two-part finale to The Hunger Games, but we’re hearing it’s likely to happen. The Game Change scribe is coming off a big Emmys, where the HBO movie swept the longform categories including winning for his script about Sarah Palin and the 2008 presidential race. Mockingjay is the third in the Suzanne Collins book trilogy and is being split into two movies a la Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. The second movie in the franchise, Catching Fire, is due out November 23, 2013, while Mockingjay has been dated for November 21, 2014 (Part I) and November 20, 2015 (Part II). The first film in the series bowed in March and has grossed $685 million worldwide.
Danny Strong Close To Deal To Pen ‘Hunger Games’ Finale ‘Mockingjay’
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…