There is no deal in place for him to write Lionsgate‘s two-part finale to The Hunger Games, but we’re hearing it’s likely to happen. The Game Change scribe is coming off a big Emmys, where the HBO movie swept the longform categories including winning for his script about Sarah Palin and the 2008 presidential race. Mockingjay is the third in the Suzanne Collins book trilogy and is being split into two movies a la Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. The second movie in the franchise, Catching Fire, is due out November 23, 2013, while Mockingjay has been dated for November 21, 2014 (Part I) and November 20, 2015 (Part II). The first film in the series bowed in March and has grossed $685 million worldwide.
Danny Strong Close To Deal To Pen ‘Hunger Games’ Finale ‘Mockingjay’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Trailer: Holden Caulfield Gets His Bookish Moment
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Comic-Con: Noah Hawley Developing ‘Doctor Doom’ Movie For Fox
- ‘Dunkirk’ Review: Christopher Nolan Makes A Film About War That Hitchcock Would Have Loved